News   Jul 26, 2024
 492     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 416     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 345     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

How does it not make sense? I'll rephrase it, and perhaps then you can clarify the grammatical error in my original post. The only error that jumps out at me, is I probably should have hyphenated "navel gazing".

"Here is a photo of the launch site today. Is this the correct place for discussion of the construction, because everyone here seems to be discussing irrelevant BS".

What about this:

I'm taking the risk that posts about construction of this line

I'm assuming you're saying that you've taken a risk by going onto the ECLRT construction site and posting photos of the progress here. Am I correct?

I'm assuming you're saying that you've taken a risk by going onto the ECLRT construction site and posting photos of the progress here. Am I correct?
You must be pulling my leg! But if you aren't ...

The risk I took, was that this is the wrong thread to post information about the construction. The photo was from the Honourable Glen Murray's twitter feed. He is the Minister of Transportation. If you click on the photo you open his tweet.

The risk I took, was that this is the wrong thread to post information about the construction. The photo was from the Honourable Glen Murray's twitter feed. He is the Minister of Transportation. If you click on the photo you open his tweet.

Ahh okay. Now I see what you're trying to say. My brain must be a little slow today :confused:

Well to be fair, with the warmongering the Ford Brothers are wagering against Stintz and TTC and City Council, more often then not taking pictures of the construction is not as entertaining as the war ;)

This quote has been bugging me for a while:

From the Toronto Star:

How they work: The machines work in pairs so the light rail vehicles can move up and down the line in both directions. There’s really only enough room at the launch site for one machine at a time, so the first TBM is launched a couple of months ahead of its twin.

Is that true?

From Nfitz's photo, there seems to be space for two TBM's side -by -side.

It is probably easier for them to launch one unit at a time from the west portal, as the road is cantilevered out over the north side of the pit. It probably isn't particularly easy to access the north part of the launch pit with the TBM parked in the south part of it.

But in any case, even if they could launch them at the same time, they wouldn't. When running through built-up areas such as Eglinton, TBMs should be run about 3 weeks to a month apart, to allow for any ground settlement to subside before the second unit runs through.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

The Mount Dennis Mobility Hub Update and Station Design Review was yesterday, Wednesday, April 10th. For those who could not attend, you can link to the Presentation at this link.

You can download the presentation in PDF format by pressing this link. Warning, it is 116 pages long.

They want to keep the old Kodak building, but haven't decided on what to do with it, just "re-purposing". What about for part of the "enhanced pedestrian/cyclist connectivity", they use a floor or two of the Kodak plant for a bicycle station, like Toronto's City Hall (proposed) or Chicago's Millennium Park Bicycle Station (McDonald's Cycle Center)? Maybe when the Kennedy Station plans come out, they could add a bicycle station at that end of the Crosstown LRT.

Its good that the "Eglinton Wall" on the north side Eglinton at Mount Dennis will go. Would like to see it replaced by a "green wall".

Last edited:
The presentation makes it so. The Mount Dennis Station will be the:

Terminal station of Phase 1 of the new Eglinton Crosstown LRT line

In addition, the 15-Bay Bus Terminal will be:

Intended to be reduced in size following the extension of the LRT west

Opening Day:
attachment.php

Low-rise development:
attachment.php

Last edited:
That I totally agree.
On those miserable -15 plus snow and wind days, whether you have to walk only 3 or 5 minutes to the subway station makes a huge difference in terms of your comfort level, everyday. I will put a big premium on a property right on the subway over another only 400 meters away (which is a long distance when weather is bad. We are not in Los Angeles when walking is always pleasant).

Erskine is really not that close. I went there this Jan, and from the station it seem to have taken a long time, when I needed to navigate on the heavy snow covered sidewalks.

So you have to walk 3 or 5 mintues to walk to the subway, yet you want residents in Scarborough to run to a center median in the midddle of Eglinton Road in winter to deal with splashing slush and outdoor temps - and you expect this to get anyone out of their car??????

On top of that, you want a DRL, because the two or three subways at minimum that people have access to in the core, isn't enough. And yet you wonder why the suburbs vote for Ford?????

^ Wanting something and needing something are two different things. We need a DRL, whereas putting the entire length of the Crosstown underground is a want.

Anyways, I wonder if they lowered the height because of pressure from the planning department? Because apparently it sold well.

So you have to walk 3 or 5 mintues to walk to the subway, yet you want residents in Scarborough to run to a center median in the midddle of Eglinton Road in winter to deal with splashing slush and outdoor temps - and you expect this to get anyone out of their car??????

On top of that, you want a DRL, because the two or three subways at minimum that people have access to in the core, isn't enough. And yet you wonder why the suburbs vote for Ford?????

0a0630752ccbe045d9fa7e2443f1ae04.jpeg

Back