News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 896     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 355     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Its odd to me that the Mississauga Transitway, a BRT system, warrants such expansive grade separations, yet for an LRT the need is not there.

Metrolinx is odd.
Well, the Mississauga Transitway was proposed well before Metrolinx was even a thing. And a median ROW for LRT or BRT don’t usually have grade separation. So either the EWLRT has to have its own corridor, or being completely underground is the only way for it to have grade separation. If neither of these reasons make sense, then Metrolinx just doesn’t make sense.

The stop frequency on both St. Clair and Spadina in the grade-separated sections really is annoying and bizarre, and I'd hate to think that self-defeating oddity is being replicated here, where the environment is even less urban.
St. Clair Streetcar spacing is 250M per stop. Eglinton West stop spacing is 800M apart. Personally I think Eglinton with a third of the stops of St. Clair will be just fine.

Its odd to me that the Mississauga Transitway, a BRT system, warrants such expansive grade separations, yet for an LRT the need is not there.

Metrolinx is odd.

I assuming that the logic behind no grade separations for the Eglinton West LRT is because the LRT in Etobicoke will have more ridership than the BRT in Mississauga, therefore doesn't need grade separations.

WAIT A MINUTE!! That makes no sense!! o_O

More likely it's cents, not sense.

Eglinton West stop spacing is 800M apart.

No. Weston to Martin Grove is 6.1 km and average spacing is 610M, with from Royal York to Martin grove average distance reducing to 500m. That and the lousy Toronto invention "wait for left turns" signaling priority this line is at risk of not offering enough speed advantage to justify its existence.

I would have expected them to ask for Malvern Town Centre to be connected right from the start. Anyhow if the improved SLMRT (Eglinton East LRT) is built to Morningside it gives chance to build the already dedicated Conlins maintenance yard and be ready for when Sheppard transit is re-designed.

shan.jpg

Attachments

• shan.jpg
    shan.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 280
I mean its such a short distance, it really should be extended. Why should they have to wait for a tiny extension years down the road when we're building 95% of the line now?

Not entirely sure what they're asking for at UofT scarborough though? Two routes? Or did they just forget to take off the current pathway when they added the more direct line?

I mean its such a short distance, it really should be extended. Why should they have to wait for a tiny extension years down the road when we're building 95% of the line now?

Not entirely sure what they're asking for at UofT scarborough though? Two routes? Or did they just forget to take off the current pathway when they added the more direct line?
It’s definitely just 1 route. The solid diagonal line should be dotted in the second picture.

It’s definitely just 1 route. The solid diagonal line should be dotted in the second picture.

I guess until the report is finalized its and "either-or" so I see why they kept it. Otherwise could be removed completely as its supposed to be updated in the new design as a 2 stop loop around the Athletic Centre.

Shh! Be very, very quiet. EMS and Fire might not notice this little panel from the one of the meetings:

green track.jpg

If EMS or Fire find out, that disclaimer "Rendering is an illustrative example and subject to change" might actually result in the removal of that "green" stuff.

Oh, look out the window...

Attachments

• green track.jpg
    green track.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 490
No. Weston to Martin Grove is 6.1 km and average spacing is 610M, with from Royal York to Martin grove average distance reducing to 500m. That and the lousy Toronto invention "wait for left turns" signaling priority this line is at risk of not offering enough speed advantage to justify its existence.

The estimated speed of the western surface section in the original EA was the same as the Bloor Danforth Subway, it's hardly to slow to justify it's existence, it will be just fine.

The estimated speed of the western surface section in the original EA was the same as the Bloor Danforth Subway, it's hardly to slow to justify it's existence, it will be just fine.

That makes no sense. It has to move significantly faster than the subway train to stop so often and wait at red lights and still achieve the same speed, which won't happen.

Shh! Be very, very quiet. EMS and Fire might not notice this little panel from the one of the meetings:

View attachment 128075
If EMS or Fire find out, that disclaimer "Rendering is an illustrative example and subject to change" might actually result in the removal of that "green" stuff.

Oh, look out the window...

Are you saying those vehicles cannot drive on grass?

That makes no sense. It has to move significantly faster than the subway train to stop so often and wait at red lights and still achieve the same speed, which won't happen.

It's frustrating that we are only able to speculate about all this because Toronto still does not have a single LRT line in operation for us to experience ourselves. Despite so many years having gone by since the Transit City era.

I guess until the report is finalized its and "either-or" so I see why they kept it. Otherwise could be removed completely as its supposed to be updated in the new design as a 2 stop loop around the Athletic Centre.
I’m pretty sure it’s almost confirmed that the curved route will be taken with the reconfiguration of Miltary Trail. I’m just wondering what will happen to the third storage track that was suppose to be on the original configuration of Military Trail (from the EA), will there be storage track/facility elsewhere?

Back