News   May 13, 2024
 841     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 769     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

If the single-occupant automobile still gets to make a left turn before a waiting streetcar or light rail vehicle or even a bus, then it is not transit priority.

I just hope the new general manager of transportation, Barbara Gray, actually goes through with ideas for transportation, where the car is no longer king. See link.

Agreed. 'Priority Signaling' on the Crosstown website is defined the in the vaguest way possible; it could really be anything, especially the very same info-graphic also insists that left turns will not be impeded.

I think strong leadership here is vital because this project will either confirm or break the public's skepticism about LRTs in Toronto, for a very long time.

A really basic question, which I'm sure has been discussed many times but my search didn't return any results: Is anyone else concerned about station spacing of the grade portion? Aren't Hakimi Lebovic and Ionview really close to the adjacent stations? I understand their point but Hakimi Lebovic has to be 5 minutes at most from the Pharmacy station.

The frequent spacing of these stations combined with the signaling priority/left turns issue makes me anxious about the overall speed of the line.

fovwIHE.png

The spacing is equal or greater to spacing on Line 2.

fovwIHE.png

There are two additional stations added between Victoria Park and Warden. Same for Warden to Kennedy. As I'm not talking about the Western/tunneled portion, this isn't about simply comparing the blanket averages. Too frequent spacing on at-grade portion brings about very different considerations speed and reliability wise.

I really hope the Crosstown operates like this.

DAMN! It DOES NOT slow down for intersections. lol

It's never been done in Toronto. Spadina was supposed to be it. Never happened. The current lines are so slow...hence the huge pessimism.

I personally wish it to be so. I trust Metrolinx in their honest intentions to make it this fast but I have no faith in Toronto coordinating this to make it happen.

I'll believe it when I see. I predict a huge slow down east of Don Mills. Metrolinx wanting to grade separate in the west is a huge cue to their skepticism in Toronto making the light priority happen....

It will be fast in the west but not in Scarborough.

Yeah, not so bad. It looks like theres way too many stations.... but it's just that the line is really long.

It'll be the longest rapid transit line in Canada, and among the longest in North America when completed. Los Angeles' Gold Line will be a little bit longer. I presume NYC might have longer lines, but they way they've set up services vs lines makes the comparison not so clear cut (and I don't care enough to research it). The Crosstown LRT alone will increase the size of Toronto's rapid transit network by around 66%

fovwIHE.png

The map is a little bit outdated: Russell/Eden Valley, East Mall, Rangoon, and Renforth have been cut from the proposed Phase II west section. I also doubt that the Jane or Don Mills LRTs will ever get built either.

The line could be even longer, of course, if the east section is built (replacing the Scarborough-Malvern LRT).

The map is a little bit outdated: Russell/Eden Valley, East Mall, Rangoon, and Renforth have been cut from the proposed Phase II west section. I also doubt that the Jane or Don Mills LRTs will ever get built either.

The line could be even longer, of course, if the east section is built (replacing the Scarborough-Malvern LRT).
Jane might be - it was on the plan Keesmaat put forward. Though it's probably low priority. Don Mills LRT will probably be part of the DRL, though, yeah.

It seemed like we were gonna be getting both the east and west extension, so I hope that is the case. In which case, yeah, it would be even longer than as shown. Which is pretty crazy.

I also doubt that the Jane or Don Mills LRTs will ever get built either.

Actually, the Jane LRT is explicitly in the plan presented by the city last year in the 15 year timeframe. So it is officially in the next wave after ECLT and FWLRT.

I doubt that the Don Mills LRT will ever see the light of day too. I think that the Relief Line is a much better idea and very likely to happen. Afterall, it has $150M of actual committed funding to finish it to shovel-ready.

Can someone remind me what the funding situation for Crosstown East is?
I'm a bit confused too. Originally, it was a part of the proposed Scarborough extension budget, which was made possible by cutting 2 stations and stopping it at the STC.

But the price of the extension keeps going up. So I'm not even sure if the Crosstown East has funding anymore. It won't have priority over the SSE.

Back