News   Jul 15, 2024
 118     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Seems Metrolinx is sticking to the at-grade, road-median alignment for the Leslie stop out of pure spite. Against who who knows, Ford's out of the equation.

We still can. Let it open, riders will tell politicians it's a problem, and a few years later it'll get changed.

That said, if DRL goes to Sheppard for Phase 2 in a timely fashion, we may find that much of the chunk between Yonge and Don Mills to be overbuilt.

I wonder how much construction on the Laird to Kennedy stretch will commence between now and the 2018 municipal and provincial elections? All it takes is a challenger to the status quo to bring up the necessity of grade separation east of Leaside as important for all parties to adopt it into their campaign pledges (sort of like what happened in the Scarborough Guildwood by-election with both Liberals and Conservatives championing the Scarborough subway extension). There's always hope.

They could have shifted the right-of-way to the south side of Eglinton, AT GRADE, to have the Sunnybrook Park stop AT GRADE, but on the south side. Wouldn't interfere with the single-occupants in their horseless carriages making left turns onto and out-of Leslie Street.

The Finch West terminal at Humber College Blvd. will be in a trench.
1fqiVz5.png

So the Finch LRT will go underneath the HWY 27 intersection I gather? And I wonder if Humber College will move their bus terminal into that parking lot on the corner, they just built a new terminal last year but it's not very close to the planned LRT.

What's wrong with the above picture?

I've also wondered about this. Related to an EA, perhaps extending Leslie south and connecting it to Bayview (this has been discussed in the past) or how to manage the existing entrance/exit to Celestica that exits on the south side of Eglinton have impact.

They could have shifted the right-of-way to the south side of Eglinton, AT GRADE, to have the Sunnybrook Park stop AT GRADE, but on the south side. Wouldn't interfere with the single-occupants in their horseless carriages making left turns onto and out-of Leslie Street.

What? LRTs are streetcars and go in the MIDDLE of the road, NO EXCEPTIONS. Look everywhere in Toronto, this is how its always been done. Other cities? What are those? *gently strokes blinders on my eyes*

What? LRTs are streetcars and go in the MIDDLE of the road, NO EXCEPTIONS. Look everywhere in Toronto, this is how its always been done. Other cities? What are those? *gently strokes blinders on my eyes*

Like this?:

They would have used "grass" on the Cherry Street right-of-way, but "grass" is still illegal, apparently... man.

Back