News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I was by the eastern launch shaft and decided to take a look. It seems pretty far along with digging the shaft/hole for the machines.

The area around there is kind of interesting as well. There are new condos, townhouses and parks there being built near old industrial areas and big box stores.

I was by the eastern launch shaft and decided to take a look. It seems pretty far along with digging the shaft/hole for the machines.

The area around there is kind of interesting as well. There are new condos, townhouses and parks there being built near old industrial areas and big box stores.

It will be great once we have both machines in the west and east boring at the same time.

If they had the funding to lay the track for the above ground portion at the same time in the east to Kennedy station, then this could be done before 2020.

Oh well, money money.

This is exactly the kind of intensification we need on our avenues.

Do you recall how many townhouses and condos you saw at the intersection? I only see Sunnyboook Plaza on the DataBase.

If they had the funding to lay the track for the above ground portion at the same time in the east to Kennedy station, then this could be done before 2020.

Considering they are launching the line all at once there's no reason to start the above ground section now. The big work is the tunnelled section.

This is exactly the kind of intensification we need on our avenues.

Do you recall how many townhouses and condos you saw at the intersection? I only see Sunnyboook Plaza on the DataBase.

That's bayview, I was talking about brentcliffe to leslie. There are two new condos called Scenic on Eglinton, townhomes and a park which seem new. I also saw one new condo tower under construction. I wouldn't be surprised if more of the industrial areas convert to either retail or residential in the future.

Speaking of, the location of Sunnybrook Plaza on the database is wrong.

I don't know if there is demand for it, but I wouldn't mind seeing some office space being built in the former industrial lands too. Mixed uses would be good for the neighborhood and this stretch of the Crosstown line.

It will be great once we have both machines in the west and east boring at the same time.

Oh well, money money.

I don't know if there is demand for it, but I wouldn't mind seeing some office space being built in the former industrial lands too. Mixed uses would be good for the neighborhood and this stretch of the Crosstown line.

That's what's been proposed for the Celestica site.

We have the correct address listed, so this seems to be a mapping issue that isn't on UT's end.

It would be really cool to see this thing laying the track for our LRT. But I know there are probably a hundred and one reasons why it won't work

[video=youtube;02pWbr9bgbA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwiNaHmOscU&feature=youtu.be&t=2m29s[/video]

Last edited:
^ Reason 1/101 = That train is used to renew existing tracks, not lay brand-new ones for the first time (think about it... the front end has to run on something, right?)

Reason 2/101 = That train wouldn't be super useful running down the middle of Eglinton Avenue East where unballasted tracks meeting relatively-frequent cross-streets are the proposed solution.

Other folks can cover off the remaining 99. But cool vid, bro. :)

I saw some small office buildings under construction in that industrial & big box area in Leaside.

Reason 2/101 = That train wouldn't be super useful running down the middle of Eglinton Avenue East where unballasted tracks meeting relatively-frequent cross-streets are the proposed solution.

Do we know for sure that the tracks aren't ballasted? Keep in mind that the ballasts could be covered by concrete after they've been installed. That's how the TTC does them for streetcars:

20090416_mb.jpg

Attachments

• 20090416_mb.jpg
    20090416_mb.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 982

Back