News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 967     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 366     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

They're pretty much doing construction work everywhere along central Eglinton these days, from Leaside to Yonge & Eg to Forest Hill, various construction sites closing down half the road scattered everywhere.

Is the TTC considering adjusting some of its routes to avoid construction? For example, having the TTC 54 bus going up to York Mills Station (via Leslie St and York Mills Rd)

Is the TTC considering adjusting some of its routes to avoid construction?
There were already a few construction detours last year, and I thought in 2013 as well. Presumably there'd be more to come.

For example, having the TTC 54 bus going up to York Mills Station (via Leslie St and York Mills Rd)
I'd think it would be faster to simply run it along Lawrence to Park Lane Circle, and then follow the 162 route up to Post Road, and back down Bayview to Lawrence East, and Lawrence station.

A temporary deck is being built in front of Eglinton West station to move the TBMs: Eglinton Crosstown LRT: Allen Road Temporary bridge deck on Eglinton West

allen_rd_micro_piles_feb_2015.jpg

What a prime location Eglinton and Bathurst is becoming with easy access to two subways coming in the next few years.

But subway or LRT are both equally rail transit. I predict that Jane-Finch will be just as sought after once the 2 LRT's are built.

Yes, let's take your assumption of transit determinism and rail equivalance a tad further, I am sure running subways to it would make J+F just as sought after, by your logic.

AoD

Last edited:
Jane Finch's standing would certainly improve with a subway station on the corner.

I really think Finch needs to have a name change. Whenever I hear Finch, to me it has a bad connotation.

Same thing with Dixon Rd. It is Scarlet Road south of Lawrence and then changes to Dixon north of Lawrence (or a bit further north than that). The stretch north of Lawrence and south of Islington has some really nice residential streets intersecting Dixon running west with large lots, many houses have been updated. It was a surprise to see. But again the name Dixon has a bad connotation even if a subway would ever reach it somehow which is never

Last edited:
I doubt changing the street name would have any effect. People will still refer to it as Finch. Its like Highway 10/Hurontario, or even more relevant:

http://www.blogto.com/city/2007/09/jane-finch_to_be_re-branded_as_university_heights/

But once the name is changed, including the signs and if it really develops more of an urban vive along with the transit than why not. Rebranding is still not the same. For me, change the name Finch. And besides its not like York University has not been in the news and not in a good way

Last edited:

Back