News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 459     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I know this is late, but when this is all complete in 2020, what about the extension to the airport? Any news on that?
No funding yet, but it's still part of the 15-year plan, in the late-2012 proposed revisions to the Big Move - http://www.metrolinx.com/en/docs/pd.../20121205_BoardMtg_The_Big_Move_Update_EN.pdf

That has been moved to phase 3 of the big move. (I.e. not happening) the 3rd phase is supposed to be post 2025 mind you.
3rd Phase of the Big Move? What are you talking about. Phase 1 would be the 15-year plan ... Phase 2 would be 25-year plan?

And where are you getting that it's been moved? That's not what Metrolinx is saying.

No funding yet, but it's still part of the 15-year plan, in the late-2012 proposed revisions to the Big Move - http://www.metrolinx.com/en/docs/pd.../20121205_BoardMtg_The_Big_Move_Update_EN.pdf

3rd Phase of the Big Move? What are you talking about. Phase 1 would be the 15-year plan ... Phase 2 would be 25-year plan?

And where are you getting that it's been moved? That's not what Metrolinx is saying.

So still some hope. I would love to be at royal york/eglinton, and avoid the spadina going downtown.

Using common language,

the first phase is the Metrolinx "Big 5" (5 in 10). ECLRT, SRT, SELRT, FWLRT, VIVA BRT

the second phase is the Metrolinx "Next Wave". Yonge Subway, DRL, Dundas BRT, Durham BRT, Hurontario LRT, Hamilton LRT, some GO.

I don't recall this being mentioned, but will any of the stations on this line have bus bays?

Weston/Mt. Dennis, Keele, Eglinton West/Allen, Yonge/Eglinton, Don Mills, and Kennedy. Caledonia has a bus loop only because the station is one or two blocks from Caledonia itself.

attachment.php

Most of the previous information have been moved or disappeared if you haven't downloaded them. You can still follow the progress at http://www.thecrosstown.ca/.

Last edited:

So still some hope. I would love to be at royal york/eglinton, and avoid the spadina going downtown.

Using common language,

the first phase is the Metrolinx "Big 5" (5 in 10). ECLRT, SRT, SELRT, FWLRT, VIVA BRT

the second phase is the Metrolinx "Next Wave". Yonge Subway, DRL, Dundas BRT, Durham BRT, Hurontario LRT, Hamilton LRT, some GO.

Weston/Mt. Dennis, Keele, Eglinton West/Allen, Yonge/Eglinton, Don Mills, and Kennedy. Caledonia has a bus loop only because the station is one or two blocks from Caledonia itself.

attachment.php

Most of the previous information have been moved or disappeared if you haven't downloaded them. You can still follow the progress at http://www.thecrosstown.ca/.
WK what do you think about the Eglinton to Airport extension, I hate to bring it up but you seemed informed. They should have done the whole line.

WK what do you think about the Eglinton to Airport extension, I hate to bring it up but you seemed informed. They should have done the whole line.

The Eglinton Crosstown LRT west of Mt. Dennis would be first an alternative route to the Bloor-Danforth Subway. It would cost about the same and can be built in the same timeframe as the Finch West LRT, except for the bridges over the 401 and tunnelling/bridges for the airport terminal.

It was always phase two for the Crosstown. It would be constructed similar to the phase one's eastern part between Don Mills and Kennedy. If they could actually go ahead and build phase two after phase one, with planning started after plans for phase one are completed, I would fine with that timeframe.

BTW. You maybe lucky and be able to still download some of the PDF reports on the crosstown at this link.

The complete Environmental Project Report – March 2010 (Updated August 20, 2010) is at this website. It's split up into several PDF's and very large.

The details for each station are, of course, making changes as it goes along. There will be even more changes when the actual construction happens.

Last edited:
The Eglinton Crosstown LRT west of Mt. Dennis would be first an alternative route to the Bloor-Danforth Subway. It would cost about the same and can be built in the same timeframe as the Finch West LRT, except for the bridges over the 401 and tunnelling/bridges for the airport terminal.

It was always phase two for the Crosstown. It would be constructed similar to the phase one's eastern part between Don Mills and Kennedy. If they could actually go ahead and build phase two after phase one, with planning started after plans for phase one are completed, I would fine with that timeframe.

BTW. You maybe lucky and be able to still download some of the PDF reports on the crosstown at this link.

The complete Environmental Project Report – March 2010 (Updated August 20, 2010) is at this website. It's split up into several PDF's and very large.

The details for each station are, of course, making changes as it goes along. There will be even more changes when the actual construction happens.

Thanks. I hope they complete the line I like the pics.

I still don't see why the 109 should be combined with the 63. Presumably the purpose of taking the 109 is for people who live off Marlee to get a one-transfer ride to the Y-U-S, so why not keep it as it is where it terminates at Eglinton West station? I don't know how many people who use the 109 transfer onto a southbound 63 but I would wager that it's smaller than the number of people who transfer from the 109 onto a southbound Spadina line train. Also, I'm always skeptical about the supposed savings of combining two short routes into one long route. I often find that long routes tend to have problems maintaining a schedule at the outer ends. I mean, just look at how horrific the 501 is past Humber Loop for evidence of this, and Steve Munro was on the money when he suggested splitting the 501 in two.

Granted, a combined 63+109 would not be nearly as long or have the same kind of route problems as the 501, but why mess with something that already works?

Last edited:
How odd. Last month Ferrand was out "due to geometric constraints," now it is back in exactly the same place as before.

Could it be that Metrolinx just wants to get rid of it because of speed and thought they would try to slip it through with the Don Mills launch plan?

How odd. Last month Ferrand was out "due to geometric constraints," now it is back in exactly the same place as before.

Could it be that Metrolinx just wants to get rid of it because of speed and thought they would try to slip it through with the Don Mills launch plan?

Im in new york and every time im here I can't help but think that the ttc stop spacing often is really close comparatively speaking. I can't understand how this station got put back in when it is a maximum 4 minute walk away. You will be able to see ferrand station from Don mills station. Other then the core I think that is ridiculously close. I also think it's interesting how we are putting a number of stations on this line which may not be necessarily but when we talk about the drl we include the least amount of stations possible. Just because it's above ground and we can add a station for next to nothing doesn't mean every tom Dick and harry needs a stop at their doorstep. Similarly just because underground stations cost a ton doesn't mean we should only build stations if we absolutely must.

I'm not that worried about Ferrand as long as it doesn't mess up the underground plans for Don Mills. With all-door boarding, it will have minimal impact on the speed. I also understand that there will be a turn-back at Don Mills for scheduled short turns of trains through the underground section which will have more service than the surface section.

I am glad Leslie is permanently being eliminated, though. At least Ferrand can get some walk-up traffic.

Regarding the combining of routes 63 and 109, the former 109 route would just be a branch of route 63, with the majority of buses on the trunk route 63 go to Eglinton West station.

Which wouldn't really make any sense since you could easily take the subway from Eglinton W to Lawrence W to catch the 63 anyways. I'm not sure if most people realize that almost 50% of 63's during rush don't even get north of St Clair.

Which wouldn't really make any sense since you could easily take the subway from Eglinton W to Lawrence W to catch the 63 anyways. I'm not sure if most people realize that almost 50% of 63's during rush don't even get north of St Clair.

Don't forget that 109 Ranee continues north of Lawrence West station to Ranee, Neptune, and Hotspur.

Back