News   Aug 20, 2024
 616     0 
News   Aug 20, 2024
 814     0 
News   Aug 20, 2024
 588     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Not saying I doubt you or that you're wrong but wouldn't any streetcar operators have a leg up on the competition considering their prior experience with operating LRV's on the road as well as operating Flexity LRV's (not saying the Outlooks and Freedoms are the exact same but they are from the same family). Obviously they still need to go through the same training course as everyone else but I would assume they would at the very least have an easier time getting the hang of things on the EC and FW than someone who is coming over from the bus or even subway divisions.
It doesn't. If anything, those ops transferring from the subway have a leg up, although they are also having to deal with a nomenclature issue.

The signal system is a big part of the new lines, and there is no such existing system on the streetcar network - but it (especially the one on Eglinton) looks and operates similarly to that on the YUS. A substantial part of the training course covers the operation of it, as well as the various failure modes that can occur.

Dan

Not saying I doubt you or that you're wrong but wouldn't any streetcar operators have a leg up on the competition considering their prior experience with operating LRV's on the road as well as operating Flexity LRV's (not saying the Outlooks and Freedoms are the exact same but they are from the same family). Obviously they still need to go through the same training course as everyone else but I would assume they would at the very least have an easier time getting the hang of things on the EC and FW than someone who is coming over from the bus or even subway divisions.
really the only similarity between the Flexity Freedoms and Outlooks is the combined brake/throttle, the location of some controls in the cab, and maybe one interface screen. And since from what I have hear both lines are being operated from the same division they also have to learn the Alstom Citadis which has a completely different control interface than the Flexitys.

Back