News   Jun 20, 2024
 416     1 
News   Jun 20, 2024
 1.5K     6 
News   Jun 20, 2024
 610     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

As far as anybody knows the answer to that question is none. I believe the Grass Median was quashed by Toronto Fire services so Metrolinx dropped if from the plan.

Metrolinx has stated that some sections of the ROW will be grassed, even going so far as to state that there will be 2 sections. But they have never said which sections those will be.

Dan

My guess it'll be near some of the portals. Fire Services aren't really going to be able to object as much there, as they aren't going to drive into the tunnel anyway.

I'm not convinced that Toronto Fire Services care either way. The only place I've ever heard about any supposed complaints from them has been here, and not directly from them.

Dan

Sept 19
Don't See EMS/Fire using the ROW east of Victoria Park unless there is a mass concrete pour to encase the rails and the ROW.

All the rail is in place east of Pharmacy to West of O'Connor Dr now and west of Victoria Park late Oct. Love the duct bank work.
48805230653_361944b159_b.jpg

48805584126_6a7432dc4d_b.jpg

48805580601_4072d9aec2_b.jpg

48805721172_28932bacb5_b.jpg

Sept 19
Don't See EMS/Fire using the ROW east of Victoria Park unless there is a mass concrete pour to encase the rails and the ROW.

48805580601_4072d9aec2_b.jpg

48805721172_28932bacb5_b.jpg

They've installed rubber boots around the rail even where it's not encased in concrete - you can see them in the two photos that you took of the rails installed. That means that they rails will be encased in concrete, or something similar that will cover them right to the heads of the rails.

Dan

They've installed rubber boots around the rail even where it's not encased in concrete - you can see them in the two photos that you took of the rails installed. That means that they rails will be encased in concrete, or something similar that will cover them right to the heads of the rails.

Dan
could those rubber area not just be at a cross-walk?

As far as anybody knows the answer to that question is none. I believe the Grass Median was quashed by Toronto Fire services so Metrolinx dropped if from the plan.

Good. Well manicured grass is not good for the environment. It takes in little cO2 and requires much cO2 in the form of cutting equipment, fertilizers and pesticides to keep it maintained. It has a negative net benefit on the environment. We should not be installing grass medians.

Astroturf if you must have that look. Can be made of recycled plastic

Science center is on pace to be completed on time sep 2021 / including bus Bay, retail stores, connection to station from bus Bay, and lrt station.

Dan
Given they only finish connecting the rails to the intersection, they still got concrete work to do to finish the area off. West of the rubber will be grass.

It been confirmed that grass will go Mid Block east of Victoria Park.

Back