Toronto Crosstown LRT: Eglinton Station | ?m | 1s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

By the looks of the picture with the orange tarp Eglinton LRT station entrance frame could go up by this summer hopefully but wishful thinking
Couldn't they use the Line 1 entrances to get to the Eglinton LRT platforms?

They are filling in the cavity, while will cover the concrete surrounding Line 5's tunnels. We've seen the video of the light rail vehicles running through ALL the underground Line 5 stations and tunnels.

March 18 - Took the photos below just after midnight.

20220318_012635.jpg
20220318_012451.jpg
20220318_012735.jpg

The above-ground structure here is the easiest, least problematic part of the construction. If they've got the LRT's platform and trackwork in, along with the transfers to the existing subway platform they're golden.

Shouldn't it look done a few months before it is ready? It doesn't look close to being done.

Shouldn't it look done a few months before it is ready? It doesn't look close to being done.
When the Spadina Subway Extension opened in 2017 the Finch West station was still having finishing touches applied with passengers in the station.

Eglinton Station is the furthest behind station on the Crosstown from my understanding, and I expect it to be similar. The line will be handed over to Metrolinx in September IIRC, afterwhich Metrolinx will do their testing and open it to the public in late 2022/early 2023. I imagine the finishing works will be ongoing at Eglinton right into 2023 while Metrolinx does testing, etc, and likely will even see cosmetic finishes being installed following opening to the general public.

Finch West looked like this in May of 2017. The line opened in December 2017:

dsc_0322-jpg.109217

When the Spadina Subway Extension opened in 2017 the Finch West station was still having finishing touches applied with passengers in the station.

Eglinton Station is the furthest behind station on the Crosstown from my understanding, and I expect it to be similar. The line will be handed over to Metrolinx in September IIRC, afterwhich Metrolinx will do their testing and open it to the public in late 2022/early 2023. I imagine the finishing works will be ongoing at Eglinton right into 2023 while Metrolinx does testing, etc, and likely will even see cosmetic finishes being installed following opening to the general public.

Finch West looked like this in May of 2017. The line opened in December 2017:

dsc_0322-jpg.109217

Thanks - this is good context.

Back