Toronto Couture The Condominium | ?m | 42s | Philmor | Graziani + Corazza

15 December 2012: Comparing this project to its neighbour is like comparing a 2013 Toyota Corolla to a 2013 Kia Forte. Translation: Couture is about as fashionable as B.U.M Equipment.

20121216004608.png

20121215155623.jpg

20121215155525.jpg

20121215155543.jpg

20121215155557.jpg

20121215155636.jpg

20121215155641.jpg

Spot the difference?
20121215155455.jpg

No matter how you cut it, it's a plain jane next door to a beauty queen.

Last edited:
X Condos is exemplary, but this stacks up well next to it. Handsome and unapologetic. In that sense, it's a breath of fresh air.

Last edited:
This and the Fly Condos, both by G+C, show a good direction for that firm if it keeps up, assuming those are their two more recent designs. I've been rather unhappy with Aura but this and Fly are at least handsome buildings, IMO. Were the podium on this better, I'd really like it.

I have little respect for G+C, but I can acknowledge improvement where I see it. :)

You know, I think that their Legacy, Ultra, and Yorkland towers at Heron's Hill (404/Sheppard) feature quite handsome proportions too. The Lago presentation centre also proves G+C can manage some quite beautiful work. I'm crossing my fingers over u/c Waterscapes, and am feeling hopeful regarding the designs for excavating DNA3 and upcoming Rise as well. I'm not expecting landmarks, but I do expect a number of quite decent buildings coming our way from G+C.

What they seem to lack is consistency in the quality of their designs. Hopefully they've turned the corner in that regard.

Legacy, Ultra, and Yorkland towers at Heron's Hill (404/Sheppard) feature quite handsome proportions too. The Lago presentation centre also proves G+C can manage some quite beautiful work.

I've always thought so as well, unfortunately Heron's Hill is largely ignored because of its location.

This and the Fly Condos, both by G+C, show a good direction for that firm if it keeps up, assuming those are their two more recent designs. I've been rather unhappy with Aura but this and Fly are at least handsome buildings, IMO. Were the podium on this better, I'd really like it.

I have little respect for G+C, but I can acknowledge improvement where I see it. :)

There are many talented photographers on UT. Clearly you haven't seen Fly up close. It's a hideous monstrosity. Chap crap. In person, Couture ain't far behind, clad in some of the lowest-common-denominator, snap-in-place window-wall I've ever seen, until Fly that is.

The architect doesn't decide how much money their client spends on a project - the client does.

definitely a cool street wall when viewed directly below from the east/west. giant boxes (NICE boxes) right next to eachother with some really nice height. it's kinda like the dream world (that inception city)

Back