Toronto Couture The Condominium | ?m | 42s | Philmor | Graziani + Corazza

The whole run of Charles from Jarvis to Queen's Park is actually pretty impressive, especially considering what it was like 10 years ago. Amazing to see so much development on something that's effectively a side street

Very pleased with how this one turned out. Another good example of "wait and see" before panning a project. I'm hoping Aura will win the doubters over just the same.

I would say the main benefit is that it makes it's neighbour (X) look even better. Nothing quite like contrast.

I would say the main benefit is that it makes it's neighbour (X) look even better. Nothing quite like contrast.

The downside is the glass used at X doesn't look as good when contrasted with Couture next door.

I think I've moved over to team Couture. I loved X but the glass and top mechanical fails in comparison to Couture. The only two advantages X has is it's rooftop pool and lobby. I am very surprised with how Couture is shaping up. I can't wait to see it complete and occupied.

It certainly is G+C's best and most sophisticated work to date.

However, they dropped the ball at ground level. The podium is terrible and offers nothing to its surroundings.

I think I've moved over to team Couture. I loved X but the glass and top mechanical fails in comparison to Couture. The only two advantages X has is it's rooftop pool and lobby. I am very surprised with how Couture is shaping up. I can't wait to see it complete and occupied.

Well that and it's just a better-designed, better-constructed and overall better-looking building.

X is overall the much better building in my opinion, but Couture is certainly not the disaster that a lot of people made it out to be. It's a pretty decent addition the neighbourhood, I can think compliments X quite well.

Looks pretty good to me.

Couture and X lobbies both look great, but they serve no purpose other than as large empty lobby spaces. Today it can be argued (perhaps correctly) that we don't need retail in every building. In 10 or 20 years that may turn out to be a mistake.

X is overall the much better building in my opinion, but Couture is certainly not the disaster that a lot of people made it out to be. It's a pretty decent addition the neighbourhood, I can think compliments X quite well.

Agree completely.

Hey, whattaya know, we agree!

Incorrect.

Well that and it's just a better-designed, better-constructed and overall better-looking building.

Agree completely.

Insecure much?
There's really no need for you to post you ''agree'' every time someone actually does agree with your opinion.

And I know this may come as a shock to you, but yes some people like Couture more than X (or at least in certain ways). So I would appreciate it if you could get that superiority complex of yours in check and stop telling other people just how wrong and ''incorrect'' their opinions are.

Back