Toronto Corus Quay | ?m | 8s | Waterfront Toronto | Diamond Schmitt

I think that we'll have to wait until Sugar Beach is competed to really decide if this project ends up being a success -- the two are going to go hand-in-hand. If Suguar Beach is well-excuted it could partially make up for the blandness of FWP.

It's difficult to see what Sugar Beach contributes, since the design doesn't address the building at all. Instead, it situates most of its trees against it and makes a big fuss over a bit of imported sand by the water.

Sugar Beach has everything to do with Chorus. Together they create the atmosphere and context of the area. The two will always exist with one another, so we cannot look at one without seeing the other.

I can't possibly see how Sugar Beach won't effect the appearance of the Chorus building (or vise versa).

you all make good points, but in all honesty, a building that is aesthetically beautiful in itself, will remain beautiful regardless of its surroundings. the same goes for any park or beach.

will it be important that the two harmonize? certainly. will the two projects' identities become synonymous with one another? this is unknown. if one clearly outshines the other, it is highly possible that the project generating the most praise will be be continually identified by itself.

let's just hope they both turn out absolutely beautiful in their own rights, and that they both together become waterfront classics!

HUGE East Bayfront render showing semi-current Corus design. Lots of other stuff here including:

Success
Telus
MLS
RBC
Ritz
'l' Tower
Old Bay Adelade design
Some sort of 151 Front-type building

47c84b5dde632.jpg

I feel sorry for the guys who docked their boats at the bottom right. They must have sailed in from Newfoundland.

Wow just amazing, when was that made and by who?

I don't recognize some towers - maybe 151 front street.

I have very high hopes for sugar beach. If they don't cheapen it, it should be like HTO but better. I find HTO lacks colour and this should help!

It looks from in the pic, that the waterfront boardwalk will go right in front of Redpath. Is that correct? I didn't realize the area south of Redpath would also be part of the plan and would have access for the public. If true, that's very cool.

Back