Toronto Corktown Common | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto | Maryann Thompson

I wonder if they're eventually going to bury these ugly high tension lines?

IMG_3382.jpg

I wonder if they're eventually going to bury these ugly high tension lines?

This was discussed at the community consultation meetings years ago and noted somewhere higher up this thread and the answer is, unforunately, 'no'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Threw me for a loop yesterday when I went to shoot up Bayview from Leslieville. Finally the road is open! Very cool little loop around the new area (love the cobblestone too) before shooting north again. Going to be a cool area for sure. A great makeover to see unfolding.

Traffic signage needs to improve drastically. Folks trying to go up River are U-turning at the new lights, and tons of cars pausing to figure out how to get to Bayview, both last night and during this morning's commute. (It's easier from Bayview as it's a straight line, but then you have to take a left at King and that's slowing things down in that direction, too.

The park is completely fenced off so I just filmed a small part of the development.
[video=youtube;kPm4zDjnGL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPm4zDjnGL4[/video]

Looks great! How did you get in? I stopped at the fence on my bike Friday and security was over in a few moments, once I stopped.

The Queen/King triangle piece of the park is really proceeding quickly. The stub of River from Queen to King is closed and a bunch of cement detritus has been removed.

Traffic at 8am is backing up a long way on Bayview around the loop of WDL to turn left onto King, although a chunk of the problem right now is construction equipment bringing material to River City.

This from May 23 WT CEO's Report:

Don River Park: The construction of the dry side of the park is 95% complete. The pavilion will be commissioned within the next three weeks. Waterfront Toronto is in the process of coordinating the installation of the public art piece (“No Shoes”) for July, 2012.

Back