Toronto Core Condos | 84.12m | 24s | CentreCourt | P + S / IBI

Core-1.jpg
Core-2.jpg
Core-3.jpg

Spandrel in Manhattan? Who are they trying to fool?! (film shoot's been in the area for awhile).

Core-4.jpg

Attachments

• Core-1.jpg
    Core-1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,610
  • Core-2.jpg
    Core-2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,632
  • Core-3.jpg
    Core-3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,646
  • Core-4.jpg
    Core-4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,643
I know this project has been criticized but I think its a breath of fresh air. Everything from the cladding, the recessed balconies and the curves make it more interesting to me than a lot of the green glass square buildings that we've been getting.

Last edited:
I preferred what was there before. This is just more reckless destruction of the original city fabric. All of the buildings should've been preserved.

More could definitely be done on the heritage front. This rebuilt facade and all other facadectomies shouldn't be considered as consolation prizes for heritage preservation. That said, We've grown well beyond our provincial city fabric. Losses are par for the course.

I was under the impression that the roofline of the old town homes was going to have a sloped roof? And behind will be common/green space for residents.

N5oCI

jX8N2
You can see the roof space here to the bottom right.

I think this area will be really intriguing, especially with what 88 North will bring with "parks", shopping ways and community space. It's going to be a great place in the city.

I dunno. I want to like it. It's just... Not making it easy for me. The shape is good, but the cladding looks awful. Bad colour choices and too much going on panel wise. Just seems kinda messy.
I hope I change my mind.

Back