Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

While I don't dislike this design, The Shard in London is nicer imo

Of course, you're comparing a Toronto condo to a trophy class mixed use project in one of the most expensive cities in the world by one of the most celebrated architectural firm in the world. I would hope it is a LOT nicer :D

AoD

Oh the days of going to Ryerson and going to Big Slice for Lunch AND dinner. Loved the hot sauce they had. I'd kill for a slice right now.

The 5 years I lived in their delivery zone will be fondly remembered. Their monster 20" pizza was perfect for parties or a few bottomless stomachs.

Activity at the back of the site. Demolition of one of the buildings has almost reached the yonge facade. They were also removing the Remingtons signs yesterday. Will do a more detailed walk and take more photos once I finish my 10 page essay!

People don’t seem super excited about this, but I am. It will have a huge impact and hopefully if the glass is nice it will be stunning at sunrise and sunset especially

Agreed, the shape of it will be a striking monolithic silhouette even if everything else about it doesn't turn out well. Could it be better? Of course! The taller proposal was exciting and I think also more graceful, but we don't generally get many buildings in shapes other than rectangle or jumbled-mess-of-forms, so I'm counting this as a major win.

People don’t seem super excited about this, but I am. It will have a huge impact and hopefully if the glass is nice it will be stunning at sunrise and sunset especially
My excitement is contained with how much I am going to loathe the construction on Yonge for years.

I really don't understand why we haven't expanded the sidewalks considerably through this stretch. Make Yonge Street one-lane each direction.

Spoiled bunch on UT..an 85s structure by KPF is no big deal anymore...lol ?
How would you like a steaming 85-storey turd? I'm not saying this is a turd; far from it, but the original was so much better. My main point is, there's no getting excited about height if the design is lacking.

Back