Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

My excitement is contained with how much I am going to loathe the construction on Yonge for years.

I really don't understand why we haven't expanded the sidewalks considerably through this stretch. Make Yonge Street one-lane each direction.
Councillors: "Muh road capacity!"

Looking at how the King Street ROW Pilot has gone through its tribulations, I doubt there'll be any sort of action on improving Yonge's pedestrian capacity until it's joined up with a larger streetscape revitalization project. I wonder if there was any sort of movement on that?

Anyone who is driving on Yonge Street downtown is either a fool, a cab/uber, or a 905-er. I have zero sympathy.

We should ban turns onto Yonge Street on Elm and Edward as well. Local access can be had from Bay Street.

I don't even consider this as radical. The pedestrian traffic of this stretch of Yonge is far higher of a volume than motorized traffic.

Looking at how the King Street ROW Pilot has gone through its tribulations, I doubt there'll be any sort of action on improving Yonge's pedestrian capacity until it's joined up with a larger streetscape revitalization project. I wonder if there was any sort of movement on that?

Pretty sure this is currently being designed. Ryerson made a post a little while ago about it. I cannot remember too much but I think we will be seeing something within the next five years max.

don't know if this was ever posted here

the inspiration for this building came from the form of a sail, that's why its leaning slightly towards the left. just like the 10 and 30 Hudson towers in NYC.

This building could end up looking worse than AURA
and that will be one heck of an eyesore in our skyline

This building could end up looking worse than AURA and that will be one heck of an eyesore in our skyline

Doubtful of that, what do you think KPF is, G+C? Just how at how the lower portions of either towers are handled - one, curtain wall; the other, a checkboard of gross looking window wall. Let's not even talk about the podium.

AoD

the worst project KPF has designed in Toronto is the Parade by Concord and it's the best Concord has ever built in cityplace.

the worst project KPF has designed in Toronto is the Parade by Concord and it's the best Concord has ever built in cityplace.

Is Parade the 2 Round buildings with a bridge between them?
I personally like Luna and Neo as probably best buildings Concord has in City Place
Back to topic, this YSL design is nothing more than suburban office slab with absolutely NO architectural merits, sorry if I offended anyone

Back