Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

And keeping empty plastic bottles inside (rather than throwing them out)👍👍
Ok can y'all chill?
My only intention was to post an update of these towers and y'all are commenting your opinion about the bottles which ain't even the purpose of the photo. Just keep those thoughts to yourself, you don't need to post them in this thread.

Edit:
@C-mac this isn't meant to be addressed to you, just the highlited comment. Your comment actually made me chuckle.

Last edited:
Ok can y'all chill?
My only intention was to post an update of these towers and y'all are commenting your opinion about the bottles which ain't even the purpose of the photo. Just keep those thoughts to yourself, you don't need to post them in this thread.

Can you chill?? We're just having a little fun for god sake. Your not going to be to popular around here if your going to get all spastic over a little light hearted fun.

Last edited:
Looks like around 20 more floors to go on this project!

Was wondering that, but it was kind of hard to tell.

20 more floors! This will really help even out the skyline on the west side.

Last edited by a moderator:
As expected from Concord: dark, cheap, bulky and boring. On the sunniest day that building just looks SAD
I walked by a few days ago - I was struck by how cheerless and cheap it looked. Clumsy overhangs, the monotony of dark brick, the lack of finesse. The mammoth bulk of the podium feels ponderous, huge to each side, visually heavy without relief or intrigue.
The architects seem to have obliquely inserted the green-fritted bulk of the amenity level with deliberate obtuseness. It bears no resemblance to the rest of the structure except in its clumsiness. It's neither deconstructivist play nor form following function. As a contemptuous sop to some obligatory sense of variety, it sits perched and ill-suited, like the building's septic appendix.
I didn't realize until scrolling past some of the photos provided recently, that the irregular white markings flecking the sides were actually supposed to be seen as a maple leaf pattern. Maybe that will resolve a bit as more is done, or as a 'once you see it' kind of situation. As is, it looks like a cladding mishap.

Concord has absolutely dropped the ball on this one, on a scale too big to forgive or forget. I remember when this was their 'Signature' project. Would it have killed them to hire a really good architectural firm? If it would have, at least we'd be spared the prospect of them doing more of these mammoth mediocrities.

From Friday Aug. 4th & this morning.

20230804_153711.jpg

20230804_153707.jpg

This Morning Aug. 8th

20230808_084445.jpg

Was wondering that, but it was kind of hard to tell.

20 more floors! This will really help even out the skyline on the west side.
I'm counting around 15 more floors still plenty more this will look tall.

Back