Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

Last night (*ish ;p) from Queens Quay.

20230502_192126.jpg

Last edited:
That looks awfully bright for night time. :p

Great shot in all seriousness. One of the only good things I can say about this development, other than the better than expected quality cladding, is how dark it is relative to its neighbours. Having some colour contrast in this area is great.

Just for clarity, there will not be a library here in the forseeable future.

The plans for downtown library investments are as follows:

Replace St. Lawrence Branch (relocated to parcel behind SLM) - enlarge to District class branch
Replace Gerrard Parliament Branch - dramatically expand, relocate to Regent Park North
Relocate and expand City Hall branch to Old City Hall
Expand Lillian H. Smith

No room for any thing else in the budget for downtown in the next decade (for Library)

This podium is such a wasted opportunity and is pretty representative of how CityPlace is as a whole. Just one giant, unfortunate, mess of a missed opportunity.

You would think Concord would've made space for something innovative (either recreationally or retail wise) or of actual real use. But then again it's a stretch to even ask this POS developer to come up with a build that's actually decent architecturally. In my books, the towers here are just ok whereas the podium is just one giant missed opportunity.

This podium is such a wasted opportunity and is pretty representative of how CityPlace is as a whole. Just one giant, unfortunate, mess of a missed opportunity.

You would think Concord would've made space for something innovative (either recreationally or retail wise) or of actual real use. But then again it's a stretch to even ask this POS developer to come up with a build that's actually decent architecturally. In my books, the towers here are just ok whereas the podium is just one giant missed opportunity.
Why would you think that?

Back