Toronto CN Tower: Entry Pavilion, Plaza, Renos | ?m | ?s | CLC | Arcadis

Today.

IMG_0661-2-2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0661-2-2.jpg
    IMG_0661-2-2.jpg
    828.4 KB · Views: 1,004
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad that our worries weren't justified. This will be barely noticed to only those with a trained eye and a good memory.

Not so sure about that - the bottom band is a lot narrower than it was before.

AoD

It's just a piss-off because there was no public consultation on this, IMO. If there had been before they were doing the work, I think we'd be less upset.

Wait a second. Are they going to only do those sections? In that case, it'll be very noticeable. :(

I thought that they were just starting on opposite ends and going all the way around. What's the point of just s few sections of floor to ceiling windows?

Wait a second. Are they going to only do those sections? In that case, it'll be very noticeable. :(

I thought that they were just starting on opposite ends and going all the way around. What's the point of just s few sections of floor to ceiling windows?

I can't imagine they'd restrict it to just a few short arcs - but without knowing what their plans are, who'd find out?

AoD

The first 2 sections to be ready for Canada Day. The remainder will be done eventually I believe is this plan

I can understand everyone's fears given the Simpson's Tower debacle, but I think this one will work out just fine.

Are they renovating the SkyPod? Last time I was up there a few years back it looks like it had never been updated.

Guys, I hate to tell you but it looks like this is it. They've taken down the construction equipment and protection. It looks like they've just added a few floor to ceiling cutouts around the pod.

DSC_1309.JPG

Anybody been inside? Does it look like they're done?

Attachments

• DSC_1309.JPG
    DSC_1309.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 697
Guys, I hate to tell you but it looks like this is it. They've taken down the construction equipment and protection. It looks like they've just added a few floor to ceiling cutouts around the pod.

View attachment 112097

You got to be kidding me - so instead of a smooth band, they they are going to leave it chewed up like that?

AoD

I always thought it had a sort of streamline moderne style with those crisp bands. With the edgewalk clutter on top and now the removal of the lower band it's looking a little clunkier.

Back