Toronto CN Tower: Entry Pavilion, Plaza, Renos | ?m | ?s | CLC | Arcadis

I think if hey're going to redo the tower, they need to develop an overarching master plan rather than doing things piecemeal.

Otherwise you end up with a death from a thousand cuts, which is what happened to the Eaton Centre.
other then the ugly bridge they are going to build this summer I don't see any major problems with the Eaton Centre.

Managed to get some shots with a proper camera today.

N94qGH2.jpg

4nqvSQF.jpg

I wish people would stop using the Edgewalk. It's so ugly and that's the only way they're going to get rid of it.

And in no way should the owners of the CN Tower be allowed to just make changes to it willy nilly. This is an iconic building for Canada.

I wish people would stop using the Edgewalk. It's so ugly and that's the only way they're going to get rid of it.

And in no way should the owners of the CN Tower be allowed to just make changes to it willy nilly. This is an iconic building for Canada.
I doubt it's going to happen. It's Iconic building yes but they should be allowed to change it if they see the need to.

I agree that its unsightly but it seems to be quite popular. It also follows the trend of similar towers that have 'edge walk' type attractions.

Agreed. How dare a privately owned business do what it wants with its business.

Labour regulations, environmental regulations, trade regulations, etc, etc. In this case, no one is suggesting that they can't propose to make changes - one is suggesting that proposed changes be reviewed and vetted given the importance of this particular building.

AoD

Oh no, after 40 years of the same thing they decided to add something else to draw people (which it has), make a buttload of money (which it has), and make it talked-about again (which it has) since it has dropped down the tallest list... Why would they ever make a good decision like that?

Oh no, after 40 years of the same thing they decided to add something else to draw people (which it has), make a buttload of money (which it has), and make it talked-about again (which it has) since it has dropped down the tallest list... Why would they ever make a good decision like that?

No one has said that they shouldn't. I refer you to earlier comments by 42, Lyphe and jje1000.

It isn't privately-owned, and it is well established law that controls can be imposed on changes to important and/or heritage buildings.
so are you suggesting we should have a national referendum or something so everyone in Canada can vote on what changes get made to the CN tower?

Back