Toronto CN Tower: Entry Pavilion, Plaza, Renos | ?m | ?s | CLC | Arcadis

Those so-called "environment friends" are just hyprocrites. Don't they use electricities? Don't they eat? Don't they poop? Why don't they just shut up and go live in some caves and light candles...

because if they go live in caves, the methane from the poop confined in such a small space might get ignited by the candles and cause an explosion.

i think that's how binladen died.

Just trying to figure out if the official lighting ceremony is on the 28th, or July 1st. If anybody knows please share.

Nevermind :)

Official Lighting Ceremony and Show
On June 28th 2007 from 9- 10:30pm Torontonians and visitors are invited to take part in a historic public event at Roundhouse Park (on the South side of the CN Tower) with live entertainment, a ceremony and unforgettable light show (at approximately 10 pm) to officially illuminate the CN Tower. On this night only, see a spectacular 10 minute light show, demonstrating the full programming capabilities of the new system before assuming its standard program theme– an elegant architectural illumination with a short effect at the top of each hour.

I hope somebody makes a recording of this light show to be posted online, for those of us unable to make it to the event.

Bill

You don't need to be literate to gasp at pretty pictures of the CN Tower lit up in jolly colours. You just need to be 20 and not hard to please.

Because everyone will be away for the long weekend on Saturday, and there are not Sunday papers to cover it.

NOT everyone will be away. So they only care about the people who will be going away? What about the people stay in town? And what about the people who have to work on Friday that can't make it on Thursday night? Guess they don't care about them either...

The ceremony at Roundhouse Park was pretty good. Decent crowd, good music. Too many speeches and damn cold down there tonight.
Must make an appointment with massage therapist tomorrow for the crick in my neck....

Just got back from the opening. Caught the tail end of the (astoundingly bad) dignitary speeches, and Colm Wilkinson, busy cementing his reputation as one of Canada's foremost guys who played the Phantom fifteen years ago.

Surprisingly, what wasn't awful was the light show itself. Much less gaudy then the previews had indicated, though I still wish they had illuminated the tower's legs instead of the shaft, making it look like an 1,800-foot tall swizzle stick.

Back