Toronto Clear Spirit | 131.36m | 40s | Cityscape | a—A

I haven't had time to answer the other points yet - but I do have time for a quick word here:

Although I am loathe to 'out' someone on this forum, (forgive me Andrew), I have to tell you that Andrew3D is straight. So now that you know that, it would not be fair to suddenly deduct 'cool points' from your perception of him, and he should suffer no loss of esteem here. It's not Andrew's choice to be straight after all, he was born that way, and I support him, and all that, you've heard it all before, etc.

I am sure if I went through the thread I'd find a number of other breeders (is that what you call yourselves?) who also find the juxtaposition of old and new here invigorating, but I just don't have time right now. Adma - I am under the impression that your aesthetic sense is rather well tuned...

Actually, Andrew3D's approach has been more restrained (and his "thread keeps swinging off topic" disclaimer expresses as much).

And as far as my aesthetic sense goes, well: you don't have to be Gentile to find a Meir Kahane type to be obnoxious...

This thread is largely the Clewes fan club vs people who would have opposed such projects had they not been in elementary school when they began...it's been a done deal all along, which dooms the entire discussion.

Once again....

Where are the other towers? Are Pure spirit and Clear spirit different things...thats the way it comes up on my Google Earth.

Clarification?

Pure Spirit is the tower currently topping out at Parliament and Mill. You can see pictures in this thread. Clear Spirit 1 is the one slated to go where Rack House M currently sits. Clear Spirit 2 will go to the east of it.

I wonder if this was taken from Pure Spirits and just PhotoShoped?

1526001405_5d4fdb2e2a_o.jpg

You can actually see the tower/crane poking through the wall of highrises on Bloor E from my balcony (just east of Yonge/St. Clair.)

Attachments

• spirit.jpg
    spirit.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 257
You can see it from the subway as it rumbles across the Viaduct.

"Ooooh! Mommy, what's that?" the little children ask in wide-eyed wonder as they point out the window.

"Something wonderful ... downtown!" comes the reply.

That last shot is great! Despite my feeling that this is inappropriate for the area, it's lookin' nice.

I'm actually starting to like it. There's this view from down in the Distillery, and as you look down a channel of old buildings, the new ones rise up behind them. It's cool, makes me think I'm in Europe.

Back