Toronto Clare R. Copeland Transformer Station | ?m | ?s | Toronto Hydro | Arcadis

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 2,037
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,067
I wonder how long until we start seeing bricks on this. It looks like quite the hulking mass at this point: here's hoping the finishing details can make this attractive.

I wonder how long until we start seeing bricks on this. It looks like quite the hulking mass at this point: here's hoping the finishing details can make this attractive.

Agreed. This thing sticks out like a sore thumb right now. Looks much more opressive than the renderings made it seem.

Agreed. This thing sticks out like a sore thumb right now. Looks much more opressive than the renderings made it seem.
Yes, the renderings (surprise, surprise) did make it look quite unobtrusive. I am actually surprised at how slow the (visible) progress has been. I realise that the interior 'stuff' is complicated but had assumed that once the large equipment was brought into the shell it would be far faster to close it all up and finish off the exterior. Anyone have any estimated dates for completion of exterior, completion of interior and then commissioning?? The Toronto Hydro pages on it have the most recent "What's New" item dated March 2014. I have written to ask for an update, if I get one I will post.

Amazingly, I got a response from Hydro:

"The Copeland Transformer Station web pages are being updated and expected to be completed by September.

As to the exterior completion, landscaping work is underway now as is the reconstruction of the heritage machine shop (foundation walls). The exterior appearance of completion will be in early 2017.

Commissioning (conducted inside the finished structure) will commence this quarter and continue into 2017."

Back