Toronto Cinema Tower | 142.64m | 43s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects

Cladding is almost at the top:
Taken today

eQMkT.jpg

"just wait until the entire entertainment district starts to go vertical."

why? what's going to happen?

also:

"has to be one of the better clad parking garages I've seen"

now there's a ringing endorsement: "Downtown Toronto: Home to some of the better clad parking garages you've ever seen!"

I was responding to wolfewood's comment on how dense the area is, I was meaning to convey that this area is going to get very interesting. And not every building is going to be an icon, so this is considered very good filler. If I was advertising for the city I would suggest taking a look at one of the Many other architecturally significant buildings in this city.

this came out better then expected once balcony glass is up its gonna look very nice

The podium is very unique. The tower completely exceeded my expectations. My only gripe is that tiny 1s store next door. They should've tried to include it in the same lot. Hopefully something interesting is built there.

My only gripe is that tiny 1s store next door. They should've tried to include it in the same lot.

They tried.

Isn't there another small building between this and the pinnacle development as well? I know there is at least another one between the pinnacle development and the lightbox.

My only gripe is that tiny 1s store next door. They should've tried to include it in the same lot. Hopefully something interesting is built there.

Au contraire my friend. If only more owners had held out, we wouldn't be left with such an overbearing, monotonous podium. Smaller lots equal varied facades and built forms resulting in a more interesting pedestrian experience.

In urbandreamer's last photo we can see the curved podium roof taking shape. Also you can see that most of the west parking garage facade has had its glass installed.

Back