Toronto Cinema Tower | 142.64m | 43s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects

Now I do think that a lot of podiums are too short and badly designed, but that's a whole other conversation.

I'm not so sure. I'm willing to bet that if we designed our buildings more like, well your examples of the Chrysler, Empire State and Rockefellar building work nicely, then I doubt arvelomcquaig would complain (obviously not the height of those buildings but rather how their base - podium doesn't sound quite right - relate to the rest of the building and steps back in a progressive fashion, not so abruptly). Those buildings don't go right to the property line and straight up, but even at half the height it'd be hard to argue that they're wasting space.

Today:

pTz7s.jpg

HB9fr.jpg

Just made me think... This orange will certainly not be the favourite of every resident moving in to units which have this orange cladding facing inwards towards their balcony. Will the condo board (be able to) ensure that people don't attempt to paint over it?

Just made me think... This orange will certainly not be the favourite of every resident moving in to units which have this orange cladding facing inwards towards their balcony. Will the condo board (be able to) ensure that people don't attempt to paint over it?

Balconies are exclusive use common elements, so the unit owner cannot physically change any aspect of that space. No individual unit owner can alter any exterior portion of the building.

Cinema Tower is turning out to be quite awful. I can't wait for that view terminus perspective to be replaced with Picasso.

Dreadful. I want to applaud them for the curves, but the rest has been executed so terribly that it no where near makes this building passable. This will be an eyesore from the street, on the skyline, really from anywhere.

Maybe "Internation Orange/Campbell's Soup" isn't a top favourite.

I think there could be some appreciation that Cinema is not the twin of Festival. Or that the podium is at least different.

Dreadful. I want to applaud them for the curves, but the rest has been executed so terribly that it no where near makes this building passable. This will be an eyesore from the street, on the skyline, really from anywhere.

People say the silliest sh*t on this site. I guess some people see an eyesore whenever a condo breaks the mold and rejects grey spandrel for something a little different. This condo is looking damned good and is giving us some unique textures and colours, which in my book, is a good thing.

Back