Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Mario Toneguzzi
Calgary Herald

The Cushman & Wakefield LePage report said Canada's five largest cities - Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal - have posted the lowest vacancy rates in the first quarter of 2008 outranking the 10 largest central and suburban office leasing markets in North America.

Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal have seen vacancy trend down through 2007, while Ottawa and Calgary have trended up.

The sharpest drop in vacancy was seen in central Montreal where the year-over-year rate dropped 3.5 percentage points to 5.8 per cent on strong absorption and a lack of supply, said Cushman & Wakefield LePage, "narrowly bumping Midtown Manhattan from the top five with its six per cent vacancy rate in the first quarter."

Central area vacancy rates in Canada were: Vancouver, 2.6 per cent; Calgary, 3.6 per cent; Toronto, 3.9 per cent; Ottawa, 4.1 per cent; and Montreal, 5.8 per cent.

Suburban area vacancy rates in Canada were: Toronto, 7.2 per cent; Calgary, 7.4 per cent; Ottawa, 7.5 per cent; Vancouver, 9.3 per cent; and Montreal, 11.2 per cent.

the timing could be just right

Normal projects take time to develop...

I think we in Toronto are too spoiled expecting the timeline for all towers to progress as such:
Jan 03'- Hear rumours of a new tower
Feb - See official documentation on it
Mar - Teaser Ads
Apr - Starts selling
Jul 08'- Excavation

It's sure great to live in Toronto!

kronkie, no offense, but how did you come across this thread after it was buried for over half a year? Did you keep keep clicking on pages in the history of the projects and construction section for 20 minutes before you came across this one in particular?

Wow, I looked at the render on the first page for the first time in months and it completely took my breath away. If built as envisioned (probably not) this would be a stunning addition to the lower skyline. A sort of John Hancock redux.

kronkie, no offense, but how did you come across this thread after it was buried for over half a year? Did you keep keep clicking on pages in the history of the projects and construction section for 20 minutes before you came across this one in particular?

I've gone through the multiple pages of the P&C section to find old threads that have faded away. Usually I'm just trying to find a specific thread that didn't turn up in a search. There's the thread about the Israeli's who bought the Sapphire site somewhere deep in those pages.

Yeah, but you aren't bumping old thread with no new information.

And this one was even worse because the whole project was just a tease.

I've gone through the multiple pages of the P&C section to find old threads that have faded away. Usually I'm just trying to find a specific thread that didn't turn up in a search. There's the thread about the Israeli's who bought the Sapphire site somewhere deep in those pages.

If it's taller than 400' you don't need to go searching for it.
It's listed in, and linked to, from the '400 Foot List'.

Admittedly if you don't know the project's official name or address, it becomes a bit harder to locate it in the list.

J. Will over on Skyscraperpage posted this....
45b.jpg

mini Hancock tower indeed ... haha I wonder if anyone who bought / lives in 18 Yonge knew what would be happening to this site ... 18 Yonge will look so tiny in comparison ... poor poor thing

Back