Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
I can imagine both OMERS and OTPP have equally impressive losses. However, it's just on paper providing they don't have to raise their cash flow by selling depreciated assets.

i think pension plans are a different kind of animal, since they hold their investments for longer terms they should be able to recoup their losses when a recovery begins.

I can imagine both OMERS and OTPP have equally impressive losses. However, it's just on paper providing they don't have to raise their cash flow by selling depreciated assets.

They did, indeed, report large losses but not as steep as CDPQ. That said, CDPQ had adopted a more risk-tolerant investment style......everyone was happy when, for 5 years, they led their peer group in investment returns....no one seems pleased now that the uglier side of risk tolerance is exposing itself.

All of these funds (keep in mind, CDPQ is not a pension fund but an investment manager for a large group of pension funds) are still receiving more inflows (from current workers) than they have outflows (pensions to retirees) so there will be no cash flow need to liquidate assets at recessionary (ie. discounted) values.

As for this site, it is good for the city that it is delayed. We are going to be slightly overbuilt in office space (we probably would have been ok/balanced) if 18 York had not happened) so we will need a cycle to absorb the new space and get things back into balance.

Bring it on, but lets go to 90's as it then will fit nicely with the centre core.

Best New Tower

Of the all the recent majors to go up (RBC, BAY-Adelaide etc.)

This proposal is by far the most interesting and aesthetically pleasing.

Finally, not just another box. Not that the other towers are terrible, its just the sense of deja-vu.... could be any building anywhere.

This is different; and Vive Le Difference! :)

I hope this one sees the light of day sooner than not.

P.S. thanks to AOD for the find.

Eerie...

Last night I couldn't sleep because my girlfriend's cat was irritating my allergies, so as I tossed and turned I spent about an hour thinking about what kind of design I'd like to see on this very lot. I was thinking something along the lines of the BOC Tower in Hong Kong... something with very odd triangular planes. My last thought was, "What's the point in thinking about it? We'll just have to wait and see."

Tomorrow's lotto numbers: 16 27 84 39

I noticed that the power point isn't dated - is SITQ actually looking at doing this in the near future? Given the vacancy rate it the downtown core (about to be further impacted by 18 York) I would be shocked if they are actually planning to do this anytime soon (although I really, really hope that they are!)

It's from a Toronto NAIOP event on the "South Core" last November.

The other thing is - I came across them while doing a search on the Union Station trainshed project - and I am not sure if any info in them are proprietary even though they popped up in Google Search.

AoD

Last edited:
I was thinking something was missing, and couldn't quite think what... its a spire!

Completely agree (so does the girlfriend)

I think I found a rendering ;)

BOA-tower-2.gif

Last edited:

Back