Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Canadian Imperial Bay of Commerce
Funny.
Canadian Imperial Bus Bay of Commerce, perhaps.

AoD
Funnier.

I think it's just going to be the CIBC Centre when all is said and done.

Boringer, but they will probably just want to promote their own name. I mean, it's not the TD Bay King Centre, it's just the TD Centre. Less is more.

Funny.

Funnier.

Boringer, but they will probably just want to promote their own name. I mean, it's not the TD Bay King Centre, it's just the TD Centre. Less is more.

CIBC Centre of Excellence in Banking

But then we also have Bay-Adelaide Centre, rather than Deloitte Centre. Or First Canadian Place instead of BMO Tower. I prefer those more interesting names over the usual corporate blandness. It's too bad this won't be called Bay Park Centre in the near future.

From Bloomberg "CIBC will occupy space on a “bottom-up basis,” meaning that there will be room on higher levels for other tenants, according to Pearce. CIBC is expected to take up 60-65 percent of the first tower and as much as half of the second, he said."
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...nant-at-new-ivanhoe-cambridge-toronto-complex

I was wondering why they wouldn't temporarily move the bus station to a new location, but it looks like CIBC doesn't want to move everyone at once. Is this normal? Is it to avoid the disruption of moving everyone too quickly? It looks like they are planning two or more separate moves.

I was wondering why they wouldn't temporarily move the bus station to a new location, but it looks like CIBC doesn't want to move everyone at once. Is this normal? Is it to avoid the disruption of moving everyone too quickly? It looks like they are planning two or more separate moves.

Possibly because the leases CIBC has in their present locations expire at different times? They will be moving from multiple locations, not from one big consolidated site.

what a wonderful news. I love both of the towers, the only problem is they should have used darker cladding like the bow in Calgary or two toned cladding.

And where would you suggest the GO bus station move to? It needs to be adjacent to Union so the options are VERY limited. Moving it into the new south building as soon as that can happen seems by far the best idea and, as stated above, CIBC may not be able (or want) to move everyone at once anyway. (I heard somewhere that GO hope to have the new bus station operational before the south building is finished above it so there may actually not be much of a hiatus.

Back