• Start date
Why not both?

Indeed:
Big_Bus_Cyclops_1.jpg

Attachments

• Big_Bus_Cyclops_1.jpg
    Big_Bus_Cyclops_1.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 2,919
What movie is that from? Remember seeing something like that once upon a time.

Driving me nuts trying to remember.

The Big Bus.

The ultimate disaster film parody. A nuclear powered bus is going Non-stop from New York to Denver and is plagued by disasters due to the machinations of a mysterious group allied with the Oil lobby. When the driver is injured a washed up, down on his luck, but used to be great type, who as it happens, used to be engaged to the inventor's daughter is brought in to drive the giant bus which includes a one lane swimming pool and a one lane bowling alley.

Watched it long ago. I thought it was funny.

big-bus.jpeg

Last edited:
Personally I like double deckers for longer distance buses, since you get the view from high up... & they look better ;)

I don't because the double deck ones don't have cargo holds for luggage, so you have to have all your stuff with you.

They seem like they're a lot better for shorter trips.

I think final height of the tower will be market dependent, and dependent on the scale of the main tenant. If they receive more interesting than expected I could see them attempting to build the tower taller, however with so many towers under construction or proposed for the same area I think the market could be soft - which may explain why the tower on front street ended up significantly shorter than the first drawings we saw.

The second tower may be shorter but it's actually far larger now since they've basically doubled the width of the building.

That's correct: both towers are the same paired-volume plan as the initial design. 45 Bay's pair are north-south of each other, 141 Bay's are east-west.

They would be fools to miss the opportunity to "re-address" these towers when they are marketed. 55 Bay and 77 Bay or 99 Bay are all a lot sexier than 45 and 141.

That's correct: both towers are the same paired-volume plan as the initial design. 45 Bay's pair are north-south of each other, 141 Bay's are east-west.

I wonder how the massing will compare to the 47 storey Bay-Wellington Tower at Brookfield Place?

It'll be interesting to have 3 towers with similar dual / paired floorplates near each other.

Last edited:
so many office buildings are being proposed I wonder from where all these developers are going to get so many tenants?

Back