a2vJ7x9.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 1,651
  • FoJ8txp.png
    FoJ8txp.png
    714.7 KB · Views: 2,155
  • q3OlAye.png
    q3OlAye.png
    622.3 KB · Views: 1,729
Waterfront East LRT platform is protected for in the lower level. It also protects for a staircase entry to the platform from Lake Shore Boulevard

oJ6xHHS.png

Attachments

• oJ6xHHS.png
    oJ6xHHS.png
    297.1 KB · Views: 1,999
Thanks for the plans! So it looks like the loop itself is going to be on the east half of the site, but the bus platforms are in the middle, and easily accessible from the northwest corner of the building, which is the closest to Union Station. Looks like a direct connection with the Bay St Teamway, which will hopefully have a pretty easy connection with the Bay Concourse. If done right, this will be much less labourious than the current route of going up the stairs, over Bay St, then back down again.

The proposed new terminal reminds me of the one in Hamilton or Oshawa where buses pull in and back out. Are there any downsides to that? I guess with the terminal moving south of the tracks they are already getting some time savings for trips.

the pull in means that the bus terminal takes less space, which is key on a site like this.

also, anyone notice that buses on the first floor will essentially have to go to the second floor first in order to leave the terminal?

Last edited:
I tweeted Ivanhoe Cambridge about the height on the tower, and they refused to give specifics only to re state it will be "48 floors".

Nice find 299bcc (I love your name btw)

Looks like the PATH bridge goes right through where that Micah Lexier piece is installed on the ACC. So much for site-specific art. Though I guess they could move it into the teamway.

Back