Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Either SITQ/Ivanhoe Cambridge are no longer the developers of this site, or they have found a joint venture partner.

Stay tuned.

I hope that if they are indeed moving forward with a project that it is more than just a 50 storey tower as suggested by the title of this thread. That would be a real waste if that is all they have in mind.

This is one of the few major plots of land left to be developed in the CBD and the perfect location for a 1,000+ mixed use tower. The twin tower design Sir Norman Foster envisioned for the convention centre site would be perfect in this location.

I hope that if they are indeed moving forward with a project that it is more than just a 50 storey tower as suggested by the title of this thread. That would be a real waste if that is all they have in mind.

I think the planned 2 million sq.ft. of office space, should take this development taller than 50s...more like 65-70s/280-300m,
Also lets not forget the rumored Bus terminal for this location:cool:

Do we have any new information?

This site is begging for development. That parking lot is depressing, trapped between the rail embankment, gardiner/lakeshore, backside of the ACC, and the concrete slab or the condo to the east. Something impressive needs to be built here to really sew the neighbourhood up.

Imagine a 80 storey mixed use building containing a 50 storey office and 30 storey residential. That would easily be a 1000ft+ beast. About 1.2 million sqaure feet commercial space and 800,000 of residential. Perfect :)

Now I'm excited! I hope we get some new info soon.

I really don't think this will be going ahead for a while .... that's what I heard from multiple sources.

There's actually a lot of office space available in several of the new developments under construction (more then there was last cycle at around a similar time), also there are at least 2 buildings that are further along (namely 16 York ... still seeking tenants ... and the site on Front street [also likely a ways off]).

The post re the database listing probably got all our hopes up ... bummer ... I almost wish we wouldn't bother posting in each thread when a new db entry is added.

I really don't think this will be going ahead for a while .... that's what I heard from multiple sources.

That might be a blessing in disguise. Office design in Toronto seems to be of the Bay-Adelaide and RBC variety, atm. I'd rather wait and get something worth looking at.

Last edited:
The post re the database listing probably got all our hopes up ... bummer ... I almost wish we wouldn't bother posting in each thread when a new db entry is added.

Yup. These frequent database listing additions are beginning to look like thread bumps. I know they're not but still they get your hopes up. And they're happening a lot lately.

Last edited:
Yup. These frequent database listing additions are beginning to look like thread bumps. I know they're not but still they get your hopes up. And they're happening a lot lately.

They are happening as we prepare to launch the map. Just making sure all the threads are represented. And that people know about them. Another few weeks and we'll be done.

Back