Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
July 13, 2019

DSC08132.JPG

DSC08136.JPG

DSC08138.JPG

DSC08141.JPG

I think I need help. I woke up last night thinking of this building. Twice. Maybe it was entangled in one of my dreams too. Anyway, more pics and another little scalar (geometric) analysis at the end of this post. I guess I just can't wait to see this diamond-encrusted building covered in lights. Times two!

More diamond patterns emerging...

CIBC1.jpg

Some high-beam antics going on in extreme upper right...

CIBC2.jpg

CIBC3.jpg

CIBC4.jpg

Plenty of glass on this flat-bed truck...much of it was dotted (so perhaps for lower down?)

CIBC5.jpg

Attaching fasteners just above the current glass facets...

CIBC6.jpg

Fasteners just above glass and awaiting to be installed farther up...

CIBC7.jpg

Chimes are gone...

CIBC8.jpg

CIBC9.jpg

CIBC10.jpg

So the view from my previous post from Regent Park is a bit like this in reference to the tallest Harbour Plaza condo. Taking into account our view from the 23rd floor with the heights and distances shown, it appears the apparent height of the tallest CIBC portion in Phase 1 would seem to be as tall as Harbour Plaza but with an extra 11 floors or so...(I guess it's a parallax thing). This seems to match @Contra much fancier updates.(Edit...oopsie I forgot about elevation differences since RP is somewhat higher, but CIBC will still appear taller than Harbour Plaza). And Phase Two will be even taller. Let's see what I dream about tonight. :)

CIBC11.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at the pics , it doesn't look that tall at all. It only has another 12 floors or so to go before topping out which would make it look shorter than the ICE towers. I was hoping it would have a bigger effect on the skyline. An extra 100ft would have really made the difference.

Looking at the pics , it doesn't look that tall at all. It only has another 12 floors or so to go before topping out which would make it look shorter than the ICE towers. I was hoping it would have a bigger effect on the skyline. An extra 100ft would have really made the difference.
Yeah as much as these two skyscrapers will be beautiful, they wont stand out in the world stage

You guys. Sheesh. It already looks brilliant. That faceted glass is fantastic. I had to drive early this morning to Mississauga to direct a photo shoot - it's a striking presence along the Gardiner already and makes for a very welcome addition to the skyline. It's going to be just fiiiiiine.

- it's a striking presence along the Gardiner already and makes for a very welcome addition to the skyline. It's going to be just fiiiiiine.
I'm sure it will, but come on with everything looking 235-240 meters down there it wont excite anyone except a bunch of locals paying attention to our skyline

You guys. Sheesh. It already looks brilliant. That faceted glass is fantastic. I had to drive early this morning to Mississauga to direct a photo shoot - it's a striking presence along the Gardiner already and makes for a very welcome addition to the skyline. It's going to be just fiiiiiine.

I agree the quality so far looks top notch, same with the glass and lights they are adding to it. But the height is underwhelming. Considering it's sandwiched in with the two ICE towers, the two Harbour Plaza towers, and Ten York, all similar in height. So these won't really stand out unfortunately.

Back