Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Considering this is Steel constructed ... what/if any impacts are the tariffs going to have ?

Been doing some more research on the GO terminal. As confirmed above, the new terminal will occupy two floors for a total of 14 loading bays and roughly 6 additional storage bays. No mention of the regional bus terminal. Maybe that could be accommodated in Phase 2 buildings?

Exit and entrance from the GO will be on Lake Shore Bvrd Westbound only.
As I understand it, one advantage for Metrolinx will be an easier time running double decker buses, since they'll be able to drive from the Gardiner to the terminal without going under the train tracks.

It's a very common set up in bus terminals. No, it's not unsafe.
Perpendicular bus bays are also pretty common. Both of these setups are just slightly less safe compared to the more common ones seen in the city and just require a bit of training and rules to get rid of potential collisions.

Been doing some more research on the GO terminal. As confirmed above, the new terminal will occupy two floors for a total of 14 loading bays and roughly 6 additional storage bays. No mention of the regional bus terminal. Maybe that could be accommodated in Phase 2 buildings?

IIRC space has been left for intercity buses, and it's assumed that they will move here, but they have yet to agree on the amount that the bus companies will pay in rent. Also, rail improvements/RER means that GO will need less bays in the future.

No, there will not be a bus terminal in the base of the second building.

I expect that the Toronto Coach Terminal will not close anytime soon—maybe the Elizabeth Street building will be sold off, but I'm not even certain about that. AFAIK, however, once GO ramps up train service to RER levels on its lines, it will no longer need to run buses on those corridors, so it will gradually need fewer of the bus bays in the new terminal, allowing the gradual transfer of other coach services there and the winding down of operations at Bay and Edward.

EDIT: I see that @Sandpit has said pretty much what I have in the second part of my response.

IMG_0736.jpg
In front of the Scotiabank Arena Galleria (formally ACC) entrance. Bay St West Teamway on the right side of this photo, GO Trains above. I talked to one of the engineers directing operations and he stated they were staging equipment for work on the foundations and pillars for the overhead PATH from CIBC Square to Scotiabank Arena Galleria.

Keeping up with this stuff is becoming a full-time job. If I'm going to do this kind of work I'm going to need a raise :D

IMG_0732.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0732.jpg
    IMG_0732.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_0736.jpg
    IMG_0736.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
Here's Architectural Plans for both the Ground Floor Level 01 and the Second Floor Level 02 of the Bus Terminal

Level 01 Bus Terminal Plans

45 Bay St Bus Terminal Level 1.png

Level 02 Bus Terminal Plans

45 Bay St Bus Terminal Level 2.png

Credit: (Ivanhoe, Cambridge, Hines 45 Bay St)

Attachments

• 45 Bay St Bus Terminal Level 1.png
    45 Bay St Bus Terminal Level 1.png
    262.1 KB · Views: 568
  • 45 Bay St Bus Terminal Level 2.png
    45 Bay St Bus Terminal Level 2.png
    191.3 KB · Views: 487

Back