Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Not sure what the park is really going to look like, but here is my take on it:

h0fZYZt.png

LJ1FN0T.png

Last edited:
First Friday of a Short Week

Westside Story: About half of the jump-form rig has been assembled around the core, another section of the core has been elevated and concrete forming/pouring are happening at both the south and north ends of the core.

West.jpg

Eastside Story: All of P2 has been poured and is complete, P1 on the east side of Crane#3 is being assembled at this time and west of Crane#3, Ground Level 01 is in the last stages of forming before receiving it's rebar and concrete pour
Of interest in the area between 18 Yonge St and approximately 3m west, there is a concrete wall that has been constructed halfway along the north-south axis. The section towards the south has been poured in concrete with minimal rebar, and the portion towards the north has been graded in gravel from the little wall down to the P2 level exit towards Yonge St.

East.jpg

Trackside: Over the week they snuck in a new section near the edge of track #1. I can only see 2 posts and one or two beams.

IMG_0726.jpg

Ground Floor Architectural Plans

45 Bay Ground Level Floor Plan.png

taken from Ivanhoe, Cambridge, Hines - 45 Bay St

Attachments

• West.jpg
    West.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 1,192
  • East.jpg
    East.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 1,161
  • IMG_0726.jpg
    IMG_0726.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 1,102
  • 45 Bay Ground Level Floor Plan.png
    45 Bay Ground Level Floor Plan.png
    220.9 KB · Views: 1,596
We'll soon be seeing the more complex layout of the bus terminal, that's exciting!

Westside Story: About half of the jump-form rig has been assembled around the core, another section of the core has been elevated and concrete forming/pouring are happening at both the south and north ends of the core.

View attachment 149162

Eastside Story: All of P2 has been poured and is complete, P1 on the east side of Crane#3 is being assembled at this time and west of Crane#3, Ground Level 01 is in the last stages of forming before receiving it's rebar and concrete pour
Of interest in the area between 18 Yonge St and approximately 3m west, there is a concrete wall that has been constructed halfway along the north-south axis. The section towards the south has been poured in concrete with minimal rebar, and the portion towards the north has been graded in gravel from the little wall down to the P2 level exit towards Yonge St.

View attachment 149168
Trackside: Over the week they snuck in a new section near the edge of track #1. I can only see 2 posts and one or two beams.

View attachment 149171

View attachment 149172

I see you've gone to different windows/balconies. Nice try ;)

Stitch of @Michael62 shots
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
    Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 896
From this morning. Looks like a third section of the core has elevated since Michael62’s photo yesterday. Aside from that, the biggest change from my perspective is both Air Canada logos have been covered and Monde added some balconies. :)

WOgQUy.jpg

Doesn't look very spacious for people waiting to board or arriving.
There's nowhere to form a line.

Also where will the intercity buses go, another level?

Yeah. I would be interested to know too. Current GO terminal has 6 loading/offloading bays, and 11-12 additional idling parking spots. Looks like this plan only has 7 loading bays, and 3 additional idling parking spots. Current setup already causes overspill of the buses onto Bay street. New setup promises to cause more chaos.

Yeah. I would be interested to know too. Current GO terminal has 6 loading/offloading bays, and 11-12 additional idling parking spots. Looks like this plan only has 7 loading bays, and 3 additional idling parking spots. Current setup already causes overspill of the buses onto Bay street. New setup promises to cause more chaos.

There are two levels for a total of 14 loading bays, as well as easier access to the Gardiner and Lake Shore.

Been doing some more research on the GO terminal. As confirmed above, the new terminal will occupy two floors for a total of 14 loading bays and roughly 6 additional storage bays. No mention of the regional bus terminal. Maybe that could be accommodated in Phase 2 buildings?

Exit and entrance from the GO will be on Lake Shore Bvrd Westbound only.

View attachment 149162

View attachment 149168

View attachment 149171

View attachment 149172

wow so they are adding more to what the existing ..?

Last edited:

Back