Toronto CHAZ | 150.87m | 47s | 45 Charles Ltd | P + S / IBI

From the back

toronto2012030200123.jpg

Shot at 2012-03-02

In that compact state, one could smooth out the floor edges, apply a glass curtain, and get something 20s-Miesian

0352FriedII-mont.jpg

In that compact state, one could smooth out the floor edges, apply a glass curtain, and get something 20s-Miesian

Unfortunately they're taking it down to the ground, applying what will likely be a mullion-heavy window-wall and all we'll be getting is something 47s-Wassermuhlian.

Apparently the Board of Directors of the next door Casa Condominiums scheduled a meeting with a city representative for the end of the month. They would like to raise thousands of dollars for a legal representative to petition against the construction of Chaz building. Does anyone knows what this is about? I find it strange.

Is this true? Where did you find this? I am curious as I live in CASA and haven't heard about it...

The question mark can be removed. It appears the city is recommending 47s, pending s37 agreement:

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2012.TE14.2

"The City Planning Division recommends that:

1. City Council approve the proposed zoning application (45 Charles Street East - File No.11 239516 STE 27 OZ), provided that the applicant agrees to provide the facilities, services and matters pursuant to Section 37 of the Planning Act, as described in Appendix 1 attached to the report (February 26, 2012) from the Director, Community Planning, Toronto and East York District.

2. City Council authorize the City Solicitor, together with City Planning staff and any other appropriate staff, to advise the OMB of the above Council position."

The s37 funds added appear to be a free auto share for everyone in the building for one year, and to give a .95m strip of land back to the city to increase the width of the laneway between Chaz and Casa.

...plus another small piece of land to make the lane more navigable, and $1.6 Million for local streetscape and park improvements.

Its only a matter of days until the remaining section is gone.

First thing for streetscape improvement and this applies to other places, bury those overhead wires, Plant some new trees. It will be some time before you can do it, with all the plan development on it now.

As for height, bring it on.

I can't see the free auto share working, as were are you going to put all the cars, as well, trying to book one.

As for the laneway, its time to go back to them and stop this front driveway crap.

I tried to get pics on my iPhone from both sides of the site but this GOOF security guard came from out of nowhere and would stand in front of me blocking my view telling me to stop taking pictures and to go away. We argued, some choice language was exchanged then he pulled out his cell to call the police. Imagine? I told him I was on public property but he said I'm taking pictures of private property. More choice language exchanged. Idiot.

Anyway, the building is gone now, just two mounds of broken up concrete remain :(

IMG_0319_sm.jpg

Back