Toronto CHAZ | 150.87m | 47s | 45 Charles Ltd | P + S / IBI

I also wonder why it is being called "Yorkville". In fact I found in many cases surrounding nodes are being called "Yorkville" for some reason, for example: anywhere south of Bloor. Yorkville only exists west of Bay and north of Bloor, doesn't it?

Church/Charles is more wellesley village than Yorkville. It is not even that close to Yorkville.

If I recall correctly, there are stones laid in the Yonge & Charles intersection that say Bloor-Yonge Yorkville, put there by the BIA. Buildings along Charles between Queen's Park Crescent and Yonge have been considered part of Yorkville for a while now, likely due to the Windsor Arms.

Last edited:
Yes, calling this area Yorkville is a bit of s stretch. But, all said, the Yorkville Signage does reach Charles and Yonge and the east side unbelievably (same block as this condo)

Yes, calling this area Yorkville is a bit of s stretch. But, all said, the Yorkville Signage does reach Charles and Yonge and the east side unbelievably (same block as this condo)

It's still bull-shit! Yorkville is north of Bloor and west of Yonge. My brother used to live at Coxwell & Gerrard and told everyone he lived in "The Beaches". Just because he wished it to be true, doesn't make it so.

It's still bull-shit! Yorkville is north of Bloor and west of Yonge. My brother used to live at Coxwell & Gerrard and told everyone he lived in "The Beaches". Just because he wished it to be true, doesn't make it so.

If you are north of Queen East, you have nothing to do with the "beaches". And there is no such thing as "the upper beaches". It is like Yonge/Queen are not the waterfront.

If I recall correctly, there are stones laid in the Yonge & Charles intersection that say Bloor-Yonge Yorkville, put there by the BIA. Buildings along Charles between Queen's Park Crescent and Yonge have been considered part of Yorkville for a while now, likely due to the Windsor Arms.

OK. in that sense, the Dollarama at Yonge/Charles is part of Yorkville?
For me, Yorkville is Bay to the east, Ave Rd to the west, Bloor to the South, and Davenport to the North.

I also wonder why it is being called "Yorkville". In fact I found in many cases surrounding nodes are being called "Yorkville" for some reason, for example: anywhere south of Bloor. Yorkville only exists west of Bay and north of Bloor, doesn't it?

Church/Charles is more wellesley village than Yorkville. It is not even that close to Yorkville.

Yup!

If you guys wanna get all technical there really isn't any district called Yorkville, regardless of what the Yorkville-BIA signs say, it's all just a part of the Annex anyways.

At least according to city planning. So Infact Yorkville is just a place in our imagination, a place where we all aspire to be, and thus, Chaz is selling the dream and allure of the state of being in Yorkville, even though the place only barely exists in reality.

Marketing is not about getting every anal little detail right, it's about making you believe you can be a part of something good. So, Yorkville's good, and by the BIA's metrics, this place on the edge of Yorkville is suddenly Yorkville all the way baby!

It's not that far away from the real Yorkville - closer than the Upper Beaches are to The Beach.

marketing at its' best .... selling a 'lifestyle' of the rich and famous to wanna-be's

The rebranding, of course, co-incided with the opening of their new sales centre on Yorkville Avenue. Would they have rebranded if they had found a closer location for their sales centre? I dunno.

In keeping with the ever-so-common tradition of using pseudo NYC monikers in the city, maybe they should have marketed this as the "Upper East Side"?

In keeping with the ever-so-common tradition of using pseudo NYC monikers in the city, maybe they should have marketed this as the "Upper East Side"?

then our upper east side would include St Jamestown as well...

Back