Toronto CHAZ | 150.87m | 47s | 45 Charles Ltd | P + S / IBI

Well in the gay condo we know they're all smoking in bed after cruising the hallways and common areas. Beyond that I really don't know.

Why, they're mincing like Paul Lynde and listening to their Wayne Newton records. It isn't like Johnny Carson didn't have a point, you know

Has anyone heard that radio commercial for Chaz? It is pretty cheezy! It starts off saying "What is Chaz?" and then it plays some stupid song.Not the most convincing ad campaign? To make it worse, if you were actually even remotely interested in Chaz, you might think about going to the condo's website but the problem is that there is NO information about this project on the site, it just asks you to register. Why advertise this project if you are not even ready to release information to the public? This is a marketing disaster!

Has anyone heard that radio commercial for Chaz? It is pretty cheezy! It starts off saying "What is Chaz?" and then it plays some stupid song.Not the most convincing ad campaign? To make it worse, if you were actually even remotely interested in Chaz, you might think about going to the condo's website but the problem is that there is NO information about this project on the site, it just asks you to register. Why advertise this project if you are not even ready to release information to the public? This is a marketing disaster!

I dont know about a marketing disaster... its been advertised in most major newspapers, including the last two issues of the Condo Guide, prices are out and they are pretty reasonable for the area, the design is nice, amenities are alright..what else can i say, unless you own a pad next door at Casa this project is all good.
Here, from yesterdays National Post...http://www.nationalpost.com/homes/Sale+Charles+Street+condos/3367827/story.html

I dont know about a marketing disaster... its been advertised in most major newspapers, including the last two issues of the Condo Guide, prices are out and they are pretty reasonable for the area, the design is nice, amenities are alright..what else can i say, unless you own a pad next door at Casa this project is all good.
Here, from yesterdays National Post...http://www.nationalpost.com/homes/Sale+Charles+Street+condos/3367827/story.html

...or believe that there is any value in the original DuBois building which this cheap imposter will replace.

7 August 2010: Gotta say I was admiring the DuBois building this afternoon--a shame they couldn't keep it as part of the podium.

dsc01824zu.jpg

I think this one will turn out really well.

It's a little surprisingly they're demolishing the office building outright - as far as I'm aware most of the office is leased and occupied as of today:
http://www.realinsite.com/index_en.php?page=buildingdetail&spaceid=1871&backlink=index.php%3Fpage%3Dsearchengine%26building_name%3D45%2BCharles%26searchbyabldgbtn%3DFind%2BBuildings

Maybe it's not likely we'll see any action for another 2 or so years, but how can the landlord terminate all lease contracts?

I think this one will turn out really well.

It's a little surprisingly they're demolishing the office building outright - as far as I'm aware most of the office is leased and occupied as of today:
http://www.realinsite.com/index_en.php?page=buildingdetail&spaceid=1871&backlink=index.php%3Fpage%3Dsearchengine%26building_name%3D45%2BCharles%26searchbyabldgbtn%3DFind%2BBuildings

Maybe it's not likely we'll see any action for another 2 or so years, but how can the landlord terminate all lease contracts?

if the landlord puts in a demolition clause, then the LL can terminate the lease.
IMO this building won't be constructed for at least another 5 years anyways, so chances are a tenant's initial term may be over by the time this building gets it's ground broken.

If Jason Fane (what a weird name, eh?) had done his homework and realized that P+S is not the hottest architectural firm in town, and instead hired S+P or even an international staritect, this building would sell out in a hurry.

Mr Fane--you wanna make money in new construction? Start with a standout design. (Imho.)

Thanks for the pics. That shower head is incredible! The shelf lighting is very kool as well.

I stilll can't believe they are going to knock down a perfectly good building and then wedge this thing right up against Casa... who thinks like that?

Back