Toronto Charlie Condos | 122.83m | 36s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

There are two projects and the "hudson" version may have been prematurely called Victory. The 478 King W location is by BLVD Developments.

... photos of the site are a few weeks old and don't show the billboard that was installed recently.

478KingStreetWest1.jpg

478KingStreetWest.jpg

478KingStreetWest2.jpg

478KingStreetWest3.jpg

478KingStreetWest4.jpg

The Victory Condominium

From FindMeaCondo.com:

The Victory is a 31 storey condominium located close to the bustling corner of King and Spadina. The Victory is located just East of the Hudson and South of Glass and the Charlotte Lofts. This part of the King West strip is just a couple blocks west of the financial district and has theatres and restaurants nearby making this area a highly vibrant and desirable place to live. The Victory will have a brick and stone base similar to other retail in the area, while the tower will be glass and steel. The Victory condominium has a total of 323 suites, a mix of large loft spaces with 12 foot ceilings and more conventional suites. On the 7th floor there is an outdoor pool and garden to complement the interior amenities that include a sauna, gym and dining room.

Renderings: http://www.findmeacondo.com/NewProjects/?pid=84#PrimaryImage

hey, I really like the shape and design of this one... nice how the tower is offset from the podium... lots of different levels on the base makes this quite exciting to look at. This should have a fairly striking impact on the location...

From FindMeaCondo.com:

The Victory is a 31 storey condominium located close to the bustling corner of King and Spadina. The Victory is located just East of the Hudson and South of Glass and the Charlotte Lofts. This part of the King West strip is just a couple blocks west of the financial district and has theatres and restaurants nearby making this area a highly vibrant and desirable place to live. The Victory will have a brick and stone base similar to other retail in the area, while the tower will be glass and steel. The Victory condominium has a total of 323 suites, a mix of large loft spaces with 12 foot ceilings and more conventional suites. On the 7th floor there is an outdoor pool and garden to complement the interior amenities that include a sauna, gym and dining room.

Renderings: http://www.findmeacondo.com/NewProjects/?pid=84#PrimaryImage

This is the Great Gulf program, not the Blvd project which is the subject, I think, of this thread.

^ Again, these are two different condos people are talking about.

The 31 storey tower at Charlotte/King is different from the one proposed for the lot shown above. Which one is truly called "Victory"... I don't know.

That 31 storey condo is now to be called 'Hudson II' or similar, so findmeacondo.com is out of date.

I'm so confused. There seems to be two Victory Condos. Can anyone tell me for once and for all which is the real Victory condos?

When condos are named after Canadian towns--the Golden, the Wroxetor, the Mapleton==i shall be interested.

I see, you just don't see yourself buying a condo. What are the odds they'll start naming condos after small towns? Nothing says trendy and cosmopolitan like the Mapleton. So I guess you'll never be interested ;) . But you never know what the future tastes and preferences of Torontonians will be...

^Yeah living in a dorm for "grown ups" would be my worst nightmare. Spoilt rotten children living under the rule of a few jerks under Freedom-denying things like rules, regulations and beige-aesthetic values. Paying fees for pointless things I'd never use (swimming pools, weight and running rooms, climbing walls, golf, party rooms, etc) and having to put up with loud obnoxious middleclass professionals would really piss me off. So until I can afford my own 100 story highrise home, highrise living for me will be restrained to rental slabs....

I'm more into real "victory": living in a cabin in marathon ontario!

But, let the sheep get slaughtered@Victory the condo.

I'm so confused. There seems to be two Victory Condos. Can anyone tell me for once and for all which is the real Victory condos?

From earlier on THIS thread.....

A billboard went up on the 478 King site two weeks ago announcing Victory Condos. This is the site beside the Mini dealer, on the north side of King, west of Spadina. It is not Hudson II on the other side of Spadina.
There is a previous thread about this project here:

http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=743

The Victory (Diamond & Schmitt)

I guess I'll start this thread, since the Victory Condos thread is now pretty much on topic regarding the building by BLVD Developments to be built on the Mini dealership's parking lot on King near Spadina.

Distinction:

Victory Condominiums - BLVD Developments, currently being advertised around the King West (www.victorycondos.ca).
The Victory - Diamond & Schmitt architects, developed by Great Gulf on the lot beside The Hudson at 438 King, directly south of Glas.

Here are a couple of renderings:

TheVictory.jpg

thevictory.jpg

I'm posting this because something's happening on this lot. A black metal fence is being installed along the King and Charlotte sides outside of the lumber block planter boxes lining the parking lot. There are also tall black metal poles being installed with rods off the side (to hang signs from?), similar to the poles installed on the Yonge side of TLS.

The parking lot remains a muddy piece of crap that nobody bothered to pave, so I don't think this fence and pole work is related to that.

Back