Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

DSCN4477.jpg
I can't help but think how much more beautiful this building could have been had it met the ground without that hulking parking podium. It certainly would have been friendlier to its immediate neighbours.

Last edited:
When complete, I think the podium (lobby section) facing Charles Street will add some great visual interest and interactivity to the street.

casalobby.jpg

dt_toronto_geek, that does look nice (from the front) but a more Miesian base, as promised by X Condo, would have been better IMO. That poor church is practically crushed, to say nothing of the very worthy building just to the east of the podium (though separated by a laneway, granted).

Last edited:
Every time I walk by the building, I see the three story above-grade portion of the parking garage and think "cheap cheap cheap".

And, again, I know a number of explanations have been put forth, but, for the life of me, I just can't figure out why there's so much bloody parking for a building located at the intersection of two subway lines and walking distance from just about everything that's important in this town except the zoo.

dt_toronto_geek, that does look nice (from the front) but a more Miesian base, as promised by X Condo, would have been better IMO. That poor church is practically crushed, to say nothing of the very worthy building just to the east of the podium (though separated by a laneway, granted).

I agree, even through Casa has a dramatic entrance, the 2 story Miesian base designed at X Condo will overall be classier than the appearance of Casa's above ground parking, squishing the buildings it surrounds. I am also worried for Casa as the builder has a very bad rep. for their finished products.

Unlike when they built their past projects, Cresford is now operating under the scrutinizing eye of the internet. Disgruntled customers can now post photos and write their side of the horror stories. It's all conveniently searchable via google and it can do a world of damage to Cresford's reputation. If Cresford is smart they'll be careful to make their Charles Street projects stellar examples of their fine business. I have a feeling the folks moving into these projects will be quite vocal with any injustices they encounter.

That said, to be fair to Cresford, I haven't come across more than one negative comment from anyone living in their Windermere by the Lake tower. You'd think they'd all be clamouring to have their voices heard as to the all of the horrible things they experienced with Cresford. But that hasn't happened.

As for the podium, I love it. Not only can we admire the tower portion of the project, we can (hopefully) also admire the soaring 4 storey lobby. I hope it turns out as good as that render above.

Unlike when they built their past projects, Cresford is now operating under the scrutinizing eye of the internet.

Treat the undersides of the balconies. Anyone listening at Cresford? You might end up getting a Pug Award next year so don't drop the ball!

I love that density that gives Toronto a 'true' core as compared to the wannabe's like Mississauga.

Great pic

I'd like to see this same angle around mid-May when the trees have leaves to add some colour to that shot (hint-hint!). It's a terrific photo Marcanadian. If you panned to the east a bit I could track the 7 buildings I've lived in over the past 27 or so years.

I'd like to see this same angle around mid-May when the trees have leaves to add some colour to that shot (hint-hint!). It's a terrific photo Marcanadian. If you panned to the east a bit I could track the 7 buildings I've lived in over the past 27 or so years.

Thanks! I'm hoping to be employed at the CN Tower this summer so if I get the job I'll be sure to take weekly updates for everyone of the major construction sites.

I love that density that gives Toronto a 'true' core as compared to the wannabe's like Mississauga.

Great pic

Was that comment really necessary? ... the fact your comparing one of the largest cities in North America to a suburb speaks wonders about that suburb ... defeating the point of your attack in the first place ...

We're talking about 2 different animals here...

Agreed, and MCC's skyline from a distance is actually pretty impressive... all the more so considering it seems to have sprung up overnight. The skyline at Niagara Falls also always takes me by surprise.

Back