Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

I don't know about that. I quite like 10 Bellair and Elev'n 21. Mosaic and 2 Bloor W also aren't entirely bad, and the Rogers building and the ROM are local landmarks at any rate.

Oh, definitely 1 St. Thomas.
Can anyone point to a document about Casa's confirmed height and floor count? The last document I can find is the final rezoning report from April 2004. It lists 43 storeys & 443 feet (135 metres)

There seems to be a considerable amount of conflicting information on height and floor count. The "400 foot" list confirms 453 ft. but lists 46 floors. I'm just curious as to what is firm here.

Quite a surprise to see both Casa and BSN so distintinctly on the horizon while driving south on the DVP. Those high floors should be offering up some spectacular unobstructed views.

The only decent (completed) post-1940 buildings in that shot are Manulife, the Woodsworth residence, and possibly 1 St. Thomas.

Really? I admire 2 Bloor Street West for its crisp and rigid verticle lines against that sleek glass grid. It's distinctive and one of the better corporate towers of the era in the area. The TD Waterhouse building is forgettable but decent. Bay street's collection of red brick condos is also decent, as there aren't many towers from that era downtown clad with brick.

April 5 Update

Casa from above. This building ROCKS! The density and variety of buildings is impressive too. Flame me but I'm really warming up to BSN, from a distance. I'm imagining the upper section (viewable below) with glass and I think it's going to look just fine.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Progress

Went to visit CASA today. Still finishing off the 39th floor. Went to touch base at the sales office and was told the penthouse unit floor plans should be made avaiable in a few weeks. They have 1450, 1980(approx) and 2000 sq' units and all have 10' ceilings. Move in date of August does not seem realistic anymore and all their promotional material now indicates a fall move-in date. Both BSN and CASA are looking pretty impressive since the last time I went down. I'm certain they'll both be amazing when all is said and done.

April 5th photo

Here's a photo showing the 39th floor

Attachments

• DSC03659.jpg
    DSC03659.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 211
Casa height approximation

Went to touch base at the sales office and was told the penthouse unit floor plans should be made avaiable in a few weeks. They have 1450, 1980(approx) and 2000 sq' units and all have 10' ceilings.

I'll take one of those 2000 square footers please...

An approximation of Casa at 47 floors. Mmmm, imagine this with all that beautiful glass, washed & shiny.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Photoshopped image

Last edited:
/\I love the photoshop/MS Paint effort! I can't stop drooling over CASA. If only it were a bit taller...

Also, I found this on a wind engineering website:

CASA.jpg

Back