Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

2376052758_5846bf555c_b.jpg

I've really grown to love the almost perfect cube low-rise building in the center of this picture. I've never taken the effort to find out any information about it. Who's offices are in here? I'm thinking it's CAS??

I've really grown to love the almost perfect cube low-rise building in the center of this picture. I've never taken the effort to find out any information about it. Who's offices are in here? I'm thinking it's CAS??

You're thinking right. I'm afraid casaguy that my efforts to cheer on the workers at Casa have been thwarted since they blocked access at the rear of CAS. I have to content myself with applauding the cement trucks as they make their way along Charles Street - sorry mate.

It's really a nice building. When I was living on Isabella, I would walk past it almost every day on my walk to or from work. There's a lot of nice detail in the design, and it meets the street well.

In the Cityplace sales office they show interior space+balcony space=total space. As purchasers, we have a tendency to divide the sale price by the total space figure to assess the reasonableness of the price per foot. On Cresford's website, CASA floorplans show an interior square footage plus a balcony square footage separately (just like Cityplace) whereas on the BSN site, it shows only one figure. My question is when people say the price of CASA is $500/sqf, and BSN is say $400/sqf, are we comparing correctly? eg is 100% of the balcony space or 50% or 0% included in the total area to determine price per foot?

Balcony is always excluded from square footage

It's really a nice building. When I was living on Isabella, I would walk past it almost every day on my walk to or from work. There's a lot of nice detail in the design, and it meets the street well.

I wonder if it turned out so nicely because it was a design/build contract awarded ... that is, when the CAS wanted a new building built, they actually held a national competition (back in 2004) - http://www.bird.ca/projects/view.cfm?PID=23

Thanks for the info. I'd love to take a peek at their "7th Floor Auditorium that with its vaulted ceiling and full height glazed wall provides a panoramic view of the surrounding neighbourhood."

As for CASA progress, there is not much change visually from last week.

Curiously, I went by late morning yesterday and then again last night and saw that the main gate entrance on Charles Street was left wide open all day.

Very inviting.

Casa Condominium Progress, May 4, 2008

Work on the 4th floor of the podium moving along. One more to go before the steel frame tower begins to rise.

^I would imagine that to the left of the grey porta-potty (in the first 2 pics) should be the bottom of the pool.

^The south and east sides. I'm curious about the large indentation on the south side.

great pics as always Casaguy!

that classy looking podium is really going to change the feel of this street. In some ways its a bit of a shame it wont be getting more exposure on a main street...

Thanks. I wonder though when or if they'll get rid of those two trees that are very close to the lobby. The one on the right side of the lobby looks healthy enough but the one on the left seems pretty much dead. I would imagine that they'll both pose some threat to the huge panels of glass that will soon jut out several feet further from the podium.

well, just looking back at your shot of the model, they have 3 fairly small trees, more like the size of that one infront of the church. I always hate to see trees cut down but I think its likely for the reasons you mention and also if they want to have a professional looking entrance when they are done.

If the trees were destined for the wood chipper, it would have made sense to do it before construction began.

Back