Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

For people who are on here who have purchased from Cresford:

Consider joining the Facebook group "Cresford Developments - What You Can Expect" now. Put pressure on Cresford at this point, before it gets to the point where you might need to. It's easier to steer them now rather than get them to change their course once it's too late.

Bad quality due to cell-phone:

2376052758_5846bf555c_b.jpg

Also interesting in that Casa's concrete encased garage is likely to come in for a lot of criticism as it rises during the construction process from people who don't realize how beautifully it will be clad when finished.

Touring the site in person, it struck me how massive this podium will be.

The renders show that it will be a little lower than the height of "church" next door.

But if in fact the podium is five floors high, I think it'll end up being much higher than the "church". (The bank of elevator doors that are visible in the shots above would be for the 2nd floor... so imagine another 3 more on top of that...)

In the Cityplace sales office they show interior space+balcony space=total space. As purchasers, we have a tendency to divide the sale price by the total space figure to assess the reasonableness of the price per foot. On Cresford's website, CASA floorplans show an interior square footage plus a balcony square footage separately (just like Cityplace) whereas on the BSN site, it shows only one figure. My question is when people say the price of CASA is $500/sqf, and BSN is say $400/sqf, are we comparing correctly? eg is 100% of the balcony space or 50% or 0% included in the total area to determine price per foot?

Thanks for the interesting angle, UrbanDreamer. I'll be swinging by tomorrow to take some new update pics.

Casa Condominium Progress, Apr. 19, 2008

Work on the 2nd floor of the podium is moving along nicely...

ABOVE: The first floor behind the wall of the the yet to be created lobby.

ABOVE: The indentation for what will become the raised portion of the massive lobby.

ABOVE: The east and south sides of the podium.

Bad quality due to cell-phone:

2376052758_5846bf555c_b.jpg

This photo is a great illustration of what an engaging, interesting urban form Toronto continues to develop. It's not necessarily beautiful, but it creates the conditions for some amazing vibrancy. In other words, it just works. And development is extending this kind of feeling all over the place.

Back