108.6 KB · Views: 500
  • PDR_1607.jpg
    PDR_1607.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 502
  • PDR_1608.jpg
    PDR_1608.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 338

Nice Pics! Thanks.

Now I wonder how close to that its actually going to turn out...

And for how long it'll stay that green...

How many decades before it actually looks like that? Or do they plan on planting hundreds of mature trees? Looking forward to it, I guess..

Find Coupland to be a bit of a d-bag.

p5

good point on the trees...didn't really realize that. i'm sure they could plant some relatively large trees right away though. the trees INSIDE u of t's TDCCBR building are dazzling.

anyway, now that we have a greater understanding of what the park will actually look like, let's hope they don't cheap out on materials. making the elevated walks and flower beds out of concrete, for me, would be a big disappointment.

still, some really great signs that this will become one of downtown's best parks. i really like the diversity in the landscape, that is, several hills, large and small, and the open grass fields (which will be perfect for sports and lounging). there is also a huge amount of trees and flowers. the lookout with the canoe seems to be a boardwalk of sorts, let's hope for more of those. another cool detail: a basketball court in the south east corner!

the oval that has already been installed, as expected, seems to be a pond. what do you guys think those blocks coming out of the hill on the southwest corner will be (in the less detailed, computer rendering)?

Last edited:
The park will have a big impact. It'll be so nice to see some green there as it's been a big pile of dirt for so many years.

The park will have a big impact. It'll be so nice to see some green there as it's been a big pile of dirt for so many years.

Anyone have any pics of the giant driving range that was here before.... for old times sake?

I can barely remember it...

Good find. There's even a picture of the Parade model which Cityplace Staff took great pains not to let me photograph.

i wasn't planning on being at the presentation center so i only had my crappy camera on the curve.. here you go..

they didn't give me any hassles ;)

looks pretty tre to the masterplan pic posted by solaris

Cityplacepark.jpg

the oval on the path to the canoe is some water reservoir (a fountain/short waterfall perhaps?)

thanks for the pics. yes, the hill is quite impressive. cityplace-hill.

anyway, it seems the oval and the stairs and probably mostly eveything in this park will be pre-cast concrete/ cement. kinda unfortunate, but considering all the other excellent elements of this park, i'm not upset.

Here are a couple pictures of the park from my friend's balcony on the 32nd floor of West One

3294109906_2e1fd9e0c1_b.jpg

3293285041_8f69097302_o.jpg

Back