Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

Great photos, the windows do look terrific, nice attention to the details here so far.

from today
20111231007.jpg

Dreadful photos, but the building's presence is nice. Enjoying the view of the sharp angles from the SW when viewed over the Frost Building (captured better by CML above).

img00026201201231533.jpg

img00025201201231529.jpg

img00027201201231533.jpg

wow, that glass box part of the podium already seems to add some life to street level! Now my concern is about the addition to Women's College Hospital going up behind it. Just in its massing alone it doesnt look very sympathetic to the glass box and in the end may take away from the effect that has been achieved... anyone else have any thoughts about that?

That's how I felt too. I wish the hospital addition had a little setback/ kick-in there on the corner. Ahhh well.

Also, it seems they aren't completing the top of Burano as promised, after all. The mechanical box is set back and I still don't see any framing to make the Bay Street facade seemlessly finish without a setback at the top of the tower. We'll see.

EDIT: Just after posting this, the framework has started going up to complete the more "seemless" top to the tower that the models and renderings promised. Woops!

Last edited:
Those are the photos I was looking forward to. Good to see that they're boxing in the mechanical to keep the facade flush all the way up. It would've really messed with the building's lines if they'd left the box set back.

Old, yes. Dilapidated [Adjective: (of a building or object) In a state of disrepair or ruin as a result of age or neglect], no.

Back