Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

The base of Murano is terrible though, and does nothing but contribute to killing the street-life. And not because of the scaffolding, by the way.

I love the base of Burano... absolutely stunning. :) And shows that the effort that goes into retaining/restoring/rebuilding old shells or facades is well worth it.

I agree re: Burano, but let's see what happens once retail goes in and Lanterra moves their sales and sites offices out of Murano. I think there's hope there.

6342633857_6964237e34_b.jpg

I'm sure this has been spoken about before, but what the heck is going on with this empty lot in the foreground here? It's been that way for as long as I can remember. Anyone have any idea?

Burano: bigger than I thought it'd be.

That's what she said :D sorry couldn't help myself.

In all seriousness, I concur as Burano has surpassed ROCP I as not just the tallest building between the CBD & Yorkville but also as the largest (at least in appearance though other buildings in the area may actually be larger in terms of total floor space) from both the East and West perspectives. Much how Scotia appears to be by far the largest building in Toronto from many angles even though FCP is actually a million sq/ft larger.

awesome how sick kids is already contributing to the street wall ^^^
how tall is that thing gonna be? 130m???

and burano looks great on the street wall as well... Bay street is soon gonna start getting some movie roles. oh man, i want a big movie like batman or transformers to film here,
what was the last movie to film on bay street north of dundas? (has there ever?)

awesome how sick kids is already contributing to the street wall ^^^
how tall is that thing gonna be? 130m???

and burano looks great on the street wall as well... Bay street is soon gonna start getting some movie roles. oh man, i want a big movie like batman or transformers to film here,
what was the last movie to film on bay street north of dundas? (has there ever?)

Toronto is not hollywood worthy and never will be. Toronto's skyline is just too ugly but its getting better. Maybe 50 years from now, if enough nice buildings get built, then Toronto might be in a major hollywood movie. Perhaps Transformers 50...lol. Oh and by the way the Sick Kids Hospital is only going to be like 10 stories, sorry to burst your bubble. :D

Last edited:
And there was a city document (the 43 Gerrard proposal, I think) that referred to it as 25s, so it might even be more now.

Toronto is not hollywood worthy and never will be. Toronto's skyline is just too ugly but its getting better. Maybe 50 years from now, if enough nice buildings get built, then Toronto might be in a major hollywood movie. Perhaps Transformers 50...lol. Oh and by the way the Sick Kids Hospital is only going to be like 10 stories, sorry to burst your bubble. :D

How is it possible that it's gonna be 10 stories, when the building is already 12 or13 floors up? - I guess they will just demolish those floors already completed, to bring it back down.

Newsflash: Toronto, aka "Hollywood North", has had hundreds of films and TV shows filmed here in the past ten years alone. Toronto also has the second largest number of highrises on the continent and is continuing to grow - fast.

Back