Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

Based on my laste read of the construction schedule .... there are suites # 1301, 1401, etc ...

Okay, putting it up to 50. Thanks!

Building a skyline;

6307594543_f4ca445a6c_b.jpg

6306211702_0c7736dfd4_b.jpg

Bay & Edward on Monday -

From my POV today -

Working on the mechanical penthouse

The massing of this tower is looking better and better, Lumiere looks puny in comparison.
that bay shot is sick showing how the canyon is feeling more claustrophobic... Bay Street is destined for greatness with the Sick Kids tower, U condos (we'll see), 1000 Bay Street, and whatever goes up on the Bay/Gerard lot.
It'll be nicknamed, condo canyon/alley.

Sharp looking tower, and looks great at street level with the old facade. Perhaps the best looking highrise on Bay between the the Four Seasons and the FD.

Sharp looking tower, and looks great at street level with the old facade. Perhaps the best looking highrise on Bay between the the Four Seasons and the FD.

I would give that honor to Lumiere, to be honest. This is definitely one of the best ones on Bay Street though.

I didn't realize that canyon-ness and claustrophobia were criteria for great residential neighbourhoods. I'd like to see how much support this idea would get in a real-world poll.

Lumiere and the two Murano towers are the best IMO. We'll see how this looks & works once the balconies are installed, the roof completed and retail in place.

Last edited:
The base of Murano is terrible though, and does nothing but contribute to killing the street-life. And not because of the scaffolding, by the way.

I love the base of Burano... absolutely stunning. :) And shows that the effort that goes into retaining/restoring/rebuilding old shells or facades is well worth it.

Also, those close-up shots of the mechanical penthouse going up are awesome, drum! Thanks for those!

this is the whole idea of city living. claustrophobic awesomeness!.. unless you're living in a penthouse at the four seasons or the ritz.:p

Back