Toronto Boutique Condos | 106.37m | 35s | Urban Capital | ZAS Architects

• Thread starter superdeduperawesome
  • Start date
i've been trying to convince a friend of mine NOT to buy in Boutique especially because he would be an end-user...he wants to be close to financial district.

I told him:
- poor building quality IMO
- he'll be living with bunch of rowdy/noisy tenants
- long hallways = more units/floor = noisy ppl waiting for elevators
- corridor to club district from the subway station
- even South view will be obstructed (RBC Dexia and Ritz Carlton)

anything else i should let him know as a good friend?

i really thing the cons outweighs the pros...what do you guys think? any other recommendations for condos nearby (financial district)?

Last edited:
It's ugly. A friend of mine use to live across the street, and at night, it's crazy--witness to stabbings, arrests, drunken brawls. By day, homeless people harass you as you enter/leave the building. The only bonus is the neighbouring building has perhaps Toronto's nicest Timmie's. And a quick dash to the subway in the winter.

Boutique, by me

sany0065j.jpg

Not a bad looking tower. Love the staggered balconies. Definitely better than the shorter phase. But I do agree that there is a overuse of grey in this project. Seems all the developers have jumped on the grey bandwagon these days.

I suppose its good that at least its not green glass here ~

It's ugly. A friend of mine use to live across the street, and at night, it's crazy--witness to stabbings, arrests, drunken brawls. By day, homeless people harass you as you enter/leave the building. The only bonus is the neighbouring building has perhaps Toronto's nicest Timmie's. And a quick dash to the subway in the winter.

Things will most likely improve in that area after Shangri-La is built.

I almost bought a unit here ... what other buildings would you recommend? I have the following on my list 1. Phoebe/Soho (Queen/Spadina) 2. Hudson (king/Spadina) 3. Oxley 4. Icon 5. University Plaza 140 simcoe (right beside the boutique) 6. Vu ... Jarvis and George (not sure about going east of yonge though)
What do you think of the buildings above?

Personally, from that list I like the Phoebe (think you mean Queen + Soho/Queen + Beverly) and Hudson.

i've been trying to convince a friend of mine NOT to buy in Boutique especially because he would be an end-user...he wants to be close to financial district.

I told him:
- poor building quality IMO
- he'll be living with bunch of rowdy/noisy tenants
- long hallways = more units/floor = noisy ppl waiting for elevators
- corridor to club district from the subway station
- even South view will be obstructed (RBC Dexia and Ritz Carlton)

anything else i should let him know as a good friend?

i really thing the cons outweighs the pros...what do you guys think? any other recommendations for condos nearby (financial district)?

...one of Toronto's busiest fire hall is close by...

I almost bought a unit here ... what other buildings would you recommend? I have the following on my list 1. Phoebe/Soho (Queen/Spadina) 2. Hudson (king/Spadina) 3. Oxley 4. Icon 5. University Plaza 140 simcoe (right beside the boutique) 6. Vu ... Jarvis and George (not sure about going east of yonge though)

also consider Qwest on Richmond (north of University Plaza) ... Phoebe and Hudson are also good choices

1,2 & 3 are my top pics.

Back