Toronto Boutique Condos | 106.37m | 35s | Urban Capital | ZAS Architects

• Thread starter superdeduperawesome
  • Start date
It feels like it's been going up for a long time, but probably because the first couple years of construction were on the low-rise phase.

Actually not really ... they broke ground on Phase I in spring 2007, and on Phase II in spring 2008, exactly a year after.

Sales started back in November 2005 though for Phase I and April 2006 for Phase II ... so a long wait for purchasers, especially Phase II!

Dec 20 visit

IMG_dec-20-09-0050.jpg

IMG_dec-20-09-0027.jpg

IMG_dec-20-09-0035.jpg

IMG_dec-20-09-0037.jpg

WOW!... the colours on these buildings looks really cool and artistic!

The red looks very hip and so does the blue glass!

You're photos have brought out the best of these 2 structures :D!

Thanks drum118! :)

I'm not going to lie... this one photo really made me re-evaluate this building. Architectural details aside (still can't say good things about the colours and materials apart from the brick), I am really happy with the streetwall formed by this building. It's not on a major street, yet it fills up the street well like a big old NYC apartment building and would be nice to see it lined with cafes or something some day. Nice chunky Paris/NYC streetwall.

^I agree Sp!re. I work in the area and it really does fill in the block nicely. Can't wait for the tower to be completed.

I like the brick and the fact the glass is not made up of 80% spandrel.

I dont know about that Steveve... I agree with Maestro's point that there is virtually no spandrel glass on Boutique compared to Blu which is mostly spandrel glass. Nice big wide open views here at Boutique!

That grey metal siding (looks like cheap aluminum) is a travesty. Sorry.

Such a shame when the brick work is so nice :)

I dont know about that Steveve... I agree with Maestro's point that there is virtually no spandrel glass on Boutique compared to Blu which is mostly spandrel glass. Nice big wide open views here at Boutique!

Oh! in comparisson to crystal blu, i meant the colour of the glass, not the type of glass :)

i would have liked to see the brick carried down to the ground floor. soften the streetscape. that grey siding at street level just sucks.

they have to be careful. If you put a building on the parking lot on the north side of nelson.. similar in scale, nelson will turn into a street you don't really want to hangout on.

not that it's a nice spot at the moment. full of drunks at 2:30am all weekend.

but, I still think it'll kill nelson, when it could have improved it.

Back