Toronto BMO Field Renovations | ?m | ?s | MLSE | Gensler

Maybe they can still add a roof/canopy to the northside and include some luxury boxes, instead of seating, at least until it is required. I'm sure MLSE is still trying to figure out a plan for the northside of the stadium.
I am equally sure they are not....I think for the foreseable future they are happy with a stage/patio area that can take temporary seating for bigger/one-off events.

Dec 30
24014416661_b35f580733_b.jpg

24097011315_94df426403_b.jpg

23468772824_89e210eb80_b.jpg

24014411351_1a5129dfce_b.jpg

23470224403_5dcb8e804e_b.jpg

24070926916_cd65b34a51_b.jpg

I found this massive photodump on the Red Patch Boys forum that was just posted from today

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showt...ction-thread&p=1776704&viewfull=1#post1776704

GabrielHurl;1776704 said:
You want pics - you got pics ........ I was down there today. The south end roof fabrication is actually complete - you can see it on the ground in a number of the pictures. Just waiting to be lifted into place.

The first 9 are taken with my cellphone - the rest are with my camera

TQxAvsF.jpg

B76HeEZ.jpg

VOipIaA.jpg

chsZ6kE.jpg

OXKjmvo.jpg

FvrEUgh.jpg

Fz8OZIo.jpg

nBU4iIF.jpg

SDXr2Hn.jpg

FRN1ejI.jpg

LzVNwoM.jpg

tgzlrqe.jpg

hYLW8Wc.jpg

iiCwQde.jpg

yriS5Mx.jpg

From Saturday. There's a pretty cool unobstructed view straight into the field from where the north stands once stood:

BMO Field by Marcus Mitanis, on Flickr

Are they lifting that all as one large piece? That's an impressive piece of metal. I assume they will use that Dutch crane for that?

grey-cup-render.jpg

It is nice that the south grandstand can be expanded with a 2nd level of temporary seating for events like the Grey Cup (pictured above), however I wish that this extra seating was made permanent to create a better "enclosed" feeling. I also wish that the north grandstand that was torn down for CFL endzones would be replaced with a proper grandstand, not just a flat open area. All that being said, I am very happy with the renovations taking place at BMO Field. As a TFC season's ticket holder I can't wait for May.

grey-cup-render.jpg

It is nice that the south grandstand can be expanded with a 2nd level of temporary seating for events like the Grey Cup (pictured above), however I wish that this extra seating was made permanent to create a better "enclosed" feeling. I also wish that the north grandstand that was torn down for CFL endzones would be replaced with a proper grandstand, not just a flat open area. All that being said, I am very happy with the renovations taking place at BMO Field. As a TFC season's ticket holder I can't wait for May.
I agree, the north part of the stadium is way to open and it's not like your looking at something nice, your looking at the crumbling Gardiner. I'm really excited for the season with my east stand seats hopefully nicely covered, it was impossible to find someone to go with me when it rained

The roof has added symmetry and a real sense of size to this stadium! I wasn't all that impressed with the renderings, but the final product is a happy surprise

Back